Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree with you about the writing (it was so degrading, especially her relationships with Cruz and Keith), but I enjoyed watching Gallego as I thought she acted the hell out of the role. She had some superb scenes with Gina and with Eden. I wish they'd built more on that because I think she could have played strength, moreso than a number of other women who were brought in to be victims, like Kristen Meadows.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gina Gallego did have decent chemistry with Richard Eden (Brick), after Kerry Sherman (Amy) left. It seemed that they were being tested as a possible couple, but then the idea was dropped. I wonder why, because SB completely wasted RE's talents until he finally followed KS out the door a year later.

• Members

Researched a series of clips highlighting the Eden rape and aftermath...and I can see how the reveal of her OB as rapist would unsettle the viewers..especially when he was one of the people examining her post rape.  It was like he violated her all over again.

Marcy Walker was truly the stand out...and she had a lot of great support. 

I also liked her therapist Heather...michael's sister.  It's a shame she didn't last too long cause she could have been used well  in 1990/1991.

• Members

This episode makes me understand a bit more why Hayley possibly drifted towards Jake in the future. Ted was such a righteous dumb ass and hot head in the episode by outright blaming Jake for raping Hayley when they had no proof. 

To old SB fans, did Ted get worse in writing post-Laken? I just find him so annoying in this pairing with Hayley that I root for Jake to come take her off Ted's hands. 

• Members

Yes!  Angela was the last GREAT new character on SB.  She was one of the few things that kept me watching that last year.

Agreed that the show should have been handed over to Carrington's Kelly.  When Marcy almost left in 1990 (for Bar Girls), that's what Pratt and Conboy were setting up- Carrington actually aired more than Marcy that year.  That was their big mistake.

• Members

Yes.  I believe initially that year though, Robert disappeared for a bit and she was paired with Craig Hunt.  Then Robert came back and she went back to him.  Then Quinn and Flame/Debra London.  Re-watching some of that storyline and Flame was such a wild unique character.  I LOVE HER!!!