Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I enjoyed two stories with Michael. The one with Julia in the convent and the Laura Asher/Leo Mitchell one.

But I never like Michael in particular and found him so boring.

Sometimes Santa Barbara look obsessed with some people and didn’t care for others more interesting.

For me people like Michael or Cain Garver should have leave the show before they did. They lasted so much.

For example, Cain was an important character with the Eden/Elena storyline. I didn’t like him but he was totally necessary for the plot.

But, why he continued after that? Cain should have never been important post Eden story.

He lasted so much. Also, I like Ally Walker so I wish she was paired with other and not Cain.

• Members

Frank Runyeon agreed with you there. He said as much when he left or was fired or whatever. 

I hated him on ATWT, but I have to admit I don't mind him in the clips I've seen on SB, even if it often feels like he later just becomes a Cain replacement in Cruz's life. 

So many promising actors came and went on SB. I was just watching a clip with Pearl and Kyle Secor earlier today and was reminded again of how he got snapped up by NBC primetime after the show seemingly had little use for him. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

It does seem like after the first two years...the show just focused on a small number if characters...with other characters only lasting 1 to 2 years.

In some cases, like with the character of Amy...the actress chose to leave and the show wisely didn't recast...but I didn't get why the show spent a good year building up a new family for Lional (wife and two step daughters) only to write them all off after a year or so.

The show banked too much on the Capwells...but once they were recast or left...the family was basically non existent by 1992...so I don't blame Pam Long for what she did..cause the structure was gone...and I did think the Walker family was a good idea.

With that said, you had the perfect Santana in Ava...yet she only lasts a few months.  Color me confused..because she had chemistry with Cruz..and good antagonistic vibes with Eden...so the whole cruz/Santana marriage to regain Brandon..would have been even better with Ava in the role.  Plus her opposite robin mattson...would have been awesome.  Oh well

• Members

Gina Gallego seems like such a sweetheart from all of her interviews, but I couldn't stand how her Santana was written. She was a whiny, spineless mess. It would have been a good move if they had tried to get Ava Lazar back in 1991 when Santana was brought back onto the canvas, rather than casting Wanda De Jesus. Jed Allan did not get along with her AT ALL, and it just seems that WDJ's Santana was too old.