Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched it as a child. The violence of the rape was somewhat traumatic (I had to look away at times).  Marcy rose to every challenge they threw at her.  It's why I miss her so.

Marilyn was killed in a drunk driving accident.  I believe we were led to wonder whether it was Angela or David that was driving.  If I'm not mistaken, it turned out that it was indeed Angela behind the wheel.  I believe Cassandra is the one who found out the truth.

In a word, no.  She actually plotted some of the best stories the show ever did.  IMO, she was the strongest head writer the show ever had.

• Members

You guys, watch this music video.  I relate the words of the refrain (and the constant images of the blue eyed blondes) to the climax of the Lisa/Eden storyline, on the cliff.  Note the stock footage used for the water in the video.

Edited by juniorz1

• Members

From rewatching the first episodes of Eden's debut...there were hints left that make her split personality story and eventually disappearance later on make sense.

She comes in the esrly episodes as overly confident and fearless...yet by 1985, we see hints that is a facade.  Ironically the fight between original Gina and eden by the ladder illustrates that.  Gina correctly states eden is a sheltered princess and its time she grow up and be on her own...with Eden stating she has done that..didnt like it and feels more safe at the capwell mansion.

Another scene is between Cruz and eden where they first reveal their previous fling years earlier and how she just took off all of a sudden and wondered if she wouldnt do that again...which she did in 1991.  I dont recall, but was it mentioned if she was around when Channing was killed?  I know that event caused Kelly and joe to break up..but was Eden around for the engagement party and affected by it?

• Members

I think Eden was there, because when they re-enacted the events in spring 1985 - she was seen in the "flashbacks" and such. Did you see MW's first scenes with Judith McConnell when Eden realizes that she is talking to her long-lost, presumed-dead mother? While it wasn't explicitly stated, when Eden was confronting Sophia about faking her death for so long and growing up without a mother - she mentioned something that soap women usually never talk about unless it's in regards to a pregnancy. Eden mentioned that when she was 12, she finally went to Rosa (the Capwell housekeeper) and asked her if she was going to die because she was bleeding. It was implied that Eden was going through her first periods and had no idea what was going on, because she didn't have a mother there to explain such things. Even though they never said the exact words, it was clear what Eden was getting at and that the frightened, confused little girl never really grew up. That was a very moving scene - and both MW and JM played it beautifully. If you haven't seen it, look it up. It was from February 1985.