Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess it's safe to say that Robin Wright effectively stopped being the top female star on Santa Barbara when the Joe Perkins and Peter Flint characters were killed off in early 1985.  Would you agree with me, juniorz1?

BTW, juniorz1, you might want to check this out.  You have to excuse me.  I don't want Marcy Walker's accomplishments as an actress to be marginalized because she mainly did daytime soaps and wasn't a mainstream A-lister.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah, Téa Leoni was in more than one episode, but wasn't around too long. She was a fill in Lisa DiNapoli for Tawny Kitaen. No idea what necessitated the substitution, but Kitaen eventually returned to play out the rest of Lisa's storyline. I recall she was the leak to Robert Barr during the Capwell Enterprises takeover story, but was blackmailed or whatever for her to do it.

Lisa was written as a sympathetic character. Of the three DiNapoli sisters, she seemed to get the meatiest stuff. (Signy Coleman's character, ex-prostitute Celeste, was stuck mooning over boring Dr. Scott Clark and in competition with Michael Donnelly's sister, fellow doc Heather, for him. I think both ladies deserved better. Ironically, of course, Coleman and Irizarry met during that storyline and married in real life, having their daughter before they split. Another such couple with the same circumstances and ending was Roscoe Borne and Roberta Bizeau/Weiss, who obviously played Flame Beaufort to his Robert Barr and Quinn.)

And Emily? (Surprised I recall her name, she was sooooo bland) married C.C.'s newly-discovered (and fast forgotten) son, Greg, after a courtship of nothing but dull sex and horrible Michael Bolton songs accompanying it, and they mercifully left town to go bore folks elsewhere. And neither were ever mentioned again, as far as any mentions of C.C.'s kids went. And no one cared.

• Members

Wow! These scenes are perfect. Marcy and Robin are great. When I see this, I remember why I hate so much the relationship between Eden and Kelly’s version made by Carrington Garland.

See the difference

It looks like a different show written by other writes.

I have not anything against Carrington but her version of Kelly was just other character not Kelly. The same with Terry Lester as Mason. Nothing to do with the original role.