Sunset Beach Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks Carl for sharing. I have a couple of those already.

It's a shame Nick Kiriazis hasn't popped up in many things.

Sydney Penny was a much better acting Meg than Susan Ward was; she brought much more variation to the role.

CCF24072012_00018-19.png

CCF24072012_00024.jpg

Edited by Ben

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for posting those. I think Annie was the role of a lifetime for Buxton, as she's a very unique actress who doesn't sit most parts.

A show like Sunset Beach rode the wave of the larger-than-life primetime soaps which were popular in the UK, as they filled a certain fantasy which some British people probably had about rich Americans. I think those days are probably over though, as British TV now has plenty of car crash stuff.

• Members

Emily was too much of a goody for me and her two main love interests flat out stunk. (Brad and Sean?) Girl seemed doom from the start and a disappointment as Bette's daughter and Annie's cousin. I preferred Amy over her

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

True. I think Sunset Beach had the chance to be different but it often felt forced, instead of a genuine countercultural style. They should have gone with some writers who weren't from the soap grind. Maggie DePriest should not have been headwriter.

• Members

Sunset Beach was a great show with interestings characters but the writers commit some af the daytime mistakes. Sometime they should have be more brave. For instance, in the earthquake storyline, they should have kill more people in order to renovate the canvas. Olivia and Annie were my favorites.

• Members

Daytime is an iron world with a bunch of stupid rules that maybe run in other times but not today. Soap are a bad production because the do bad things. Imagine a film like 'Cloud Atlas', during the shoot in Majorca, Halle Berry injured and they stoped this part of the production, in soaps they use a recast for a couple of days... In primetime actors don't be ill? I don't watch recast of actors for a couple of scenes. And what the hell is SORAS? boys that grow and cross the gate of the future to arrive to the same world 10 years older and nobody say nothing...

• Members

Yes CarlD2, sometimes soaps are so safe, and this is stupid. They should create storylines with a good arch and kill off character maintaining the essence of the show. Keep the soul of the show and tell solid stories with a good begining and a better end! They have lost many viewers because the stories are often disappointing, disjointed, ridiculous ... They need to compromise with the characters and what they are telling. They can not just fill the time!