ATWT: Hitting on the Girl from Iraq

• Members

watching the iraq chick get hit on by numerous guys at the mixer was ridiculous, and close to hilarious.

in what universe do these writers live??? characters either want to kill the iraq girl or make madd love to her.

the actress has very little trace of an accent, wears too much makeup, can't act very well, and is stuck in an outfit from hell -- but which apparently excites college frat guys to no end.

borderline pathetic.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If by "iraqi chick" you mean Ameera, how is people hitting on her ridiculous?

1) She wears what she wears because of her religion

2) The fact that she has on too much makeup is not the actress' fault, but the fault of the hair & makeup crew

• Members

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

The green-card marriage( with Luke's blessings) is somewhat far fetched, how long have they known Ameera--5 nano-seconds. Wait, wait--- are Luke/Noah still teenagers ( although older ones)??? Is guess TIIC feels this is what they would do, and I'm sure the bobbleheads at the state department will never figure it out.

• Members

i'm not blaming the actress for her makeup -- obviously, that's not her fault.

but do you really think the writing here is realistic? i understand the s/l of marrying noah to maintain her visa....we've all seen that before. my problem is with the interest shown in her at the mixer. i just found it completely unbelivable.

also, luke and noah should have been more aware that she'd feel like a fish out of water -- not pushing her to dance, not leaving her alone. the scenes smacked of CONVENIENCE so that a fight could take place.

• Members

Yeah, the idea that Ameera would be the belle of the ball is a crock. Most American guys want to SEE what they're working with, hair, tight jeans and all. If these college guys could look beyond that social contrast and approach a girl who was obviously uncomfortable the whole time, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Members

As sad as it is to say, most "typical" American guys wouldn't be trying to pick Ameera up, especially at a bar/party. The actress is very pretty, but her presentation would NOT attract all those guys. Luke and Noah are like dumb and dumber with this story line. I'm still waiting for Ameera to go into the bathroom, pull off her clothes and reveal some hot vixen as she calls Colonel Mayer to tell him she's gotten his son. Unfortunately, I don't think that the writers would be that cool.

• Members

I still don't get the attraction either. Especially for Casey...dumping Maddie and then getting so nervous he can't even speak to Ameera?

Those guys were probably surprised that a girl like that showed up there. Normally, they are not allowed to be near places that serve alcohol. So if Ameera gets deported tomorrow and her village finds out that she was there AND danced with multiple men, she's in for a beating by all the men in her village.

• Members

I believe most men in us know when a woman wear an out fit like that , they give them respect. I find it strange she just pop up with no suite case, but said should she change when they were going to the dance. She just happened to be in American and seek out Noah with questions about his dad, while Coloner Mayer is in jail for trying to kill Luke. This so Dumb, Did I said Dumb. If she wasn't visiting any family in the US or going to school what is she doing rovering aroung America this is crazy. I quess I have beef my daughter married a man from Indian and when his five years was almost up, he did something so my daughter would kick his out. My grandson is 18 year old and he get no support from his father. They know nothing about this girl . I don't believe she all that innocent because if she was she wouldn't be in America roving around by herself. :lol:

• Members

First, "all" the guys amounted to what??? Two? The first guy seemed to be geeky. The second, Casey, has just gotten out of prison. If there's anyone who would sort of bond with another "outsider", it seems logical right now that would be Casey. Now, why Matt seemed to think he'd be able to get Casey laid, or why exactly Casey, the former ladies' man, suddenly can't even talk to a woman on his own is another question.

I have more of a problem with Ameera agreeing to go in the first place. Or why a college mixer is being held in a known "seedy" bar, where Lily (the whitest soccer mom in America) managed to score her drugs. Or even why Casey and Ameera have managed to enroll in the semester with less than two months left.

Or, why on earth after this "marriage", I swear I heard Noah and Ameera plan on living at the farm. Hello...if you're going to try and fool the government, shouldn't you put some effort into it?

Archived