NY daily news interview with Kathy Brier

• Members

Prison break(up) on 'One Life to Live'

BY CAROLYN HINSEY

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 4:00 AM

Kathy Brier

Marcie gets out of jail this week on "One Life to Live," but it's not the happy homecoming she's hoping for.

"Marcie thinks that the reason she got out of jail was because Todd got a conscience and doesn't want her to be in any more pain," says Kathy Brier, who portrays Marcie. "But with Todd, it's probably not heartfelt."

It's not. Todd dropped the charges against Marcie for kidnapping baby Tommy because her cop brother-in-law, John, blackmailed him into it.

"Marcie doesn't know that," says Brier. "She thinks Todd's being nice. He probably thinks that her having to live in the house where she raised this child, and having to deal with daily reminders of where Tommy lived, is harder than being in jail. I actually think he's right."

After being on the run with Tommy for so long, and then being in prison, Marcie and Michael haven't been alone for months."The relationship between Marcie and Michael is in shreds," warns Brier. "She's still very upset with him for lying [about Tommy being Todd's baby]. Marcie lost her mom, and her father kept her at arm's distance because she reminded him of her mother. Michael not being honest with her translates to her as the same form of abandonment."

The two battle it out pretty soon after getting home, when Michael tells her to snap out of it."

It comes across as mean, but I think it's totally justifiable from his character's perspective. He's hurting, too. He's dealing with Marcie coming home and literally staring at pictures of them with Tommy in happier times. She's being a zombie because she doesn't know how to move out of this pain she's in."

And she won't let her husband help.

"Michael thinks, 'You got off on the charges, you should be ecstatic!' But she's not. In some way, she feels like, 'I wish I had been [kept] in jail.' Marcie is a very moral person. She knows she did something wrong. So, in her warped mind, she feels like she should be punished."

Llanview's former most-happily-married couple will be punished in the weeks to come."

They have to not only find them-selves again, but rebuild their relationship," says Brier. "It would have been easier for her to stay in jail."

Except for one thing."I never had to wear the orange jumpsuit, which I am grateful for," Brier says, laughing."It's not my favorite color."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/t...fe_to_live.html

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived