Days of Our Lives’ Glorious Sweeps Event

• Administrator

http://marlenadelacroix.com/?p=54

Word!! This was such a great scene by Peter. He is so underrated.

$1.98 LOL!! Major kudos to Maxam and Scott for their marvelous work.

I really hope Noel Maxam gets a Director's Guild nomination for the 2008 season, as well as a Best Directing Team nod for DAYS at the 2009 Daytime Emmys. DAYS deserves to be up for major awards for this episode.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those shows were wonderfully done; if there's any justice in the soap world (which there probably isn't), DAYS will be recognized at awards time. Peter Reckell, who's always been one of my favorites, is doing some of the finest work I've ever seen from him. I thought the scene where he regained consciousness and found out about his "pop" was better than his work during the Zack storyline.

• Members

Wasn't DAYS last nominated in the Directing category at the Daytime Emmy's in 2006? Since the directing category is decided a bit differently from the acting categories, writing category, and series category, it's not impossible for DAYS to land a nomination at the Daytime Emmy's for directing. However, numerically, they stand almost no chance for nominations in the acting categories and series.

The Director's Guild Awards and Writer's Guild Awards are decided upon very strangely, its anyone's guess who gets nominated for those, since most of their soap nominations are so undeserving.

• Members

I'm not a regular DAYS viewer, but when I started reading about Fridays show over the weekend, I made sure to record the Soapnet repeat. Fantastic stuff all around! I was totally blown away by the directing, story and acting. Kudos to the show and Ed Scott and Noel Maxam.

• Members

Great article, glad to see Days getting some praise..I expect SOD to give the plane crash moment of the week as well..With so many people tuning in to friday's episode, i hope Days can get a nice bump from this...They have had a lot of publicity..

Archived