January 28 - February 1, 2008

Toups

• Members

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted. did anyone here the news about the strike being over or did i miss read this information on Google? that means LMS is back at helm of Y&R..but i guess that show can't be boring then what it is already. LMS is just gonna make it more boring. so i guess it doesn't really matter who writes for that soap.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The wonderful Toups posted this in the Writer's Strike thread:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

And actually have you seen what Y&R was 6 months ago compared to now? Maybe it's just not your show, since many longtime fans are noticing a sudden change for the better on the show. If it were so unwatchable, it wouldn't have crossed the 6 million mark in total viewers last week. No one is saying its perfect, but it's come a long way and is definetely better than some shows out there.

• Members

well your right about one thing. Y&R isn't my type of soap. i believe it's for the romantic fans that enjoy watching that stuff. as for me. i like my soaps to have an edge. i like the Action. i like the badass ride or die chicks. i like soaps that entertaining me. not bore me to death. but i must say. and this is strictly my opinion. Y&R has good writing I'll give them that. but in terms of being a great overall soap. i would say it definitely out ranks DOOL/ATWT/AMC/GL/. OLTL ties in with Y&R. GH basically blows any soap out of the water. i don't even look at GH as a soap opera. to me it's primetime All the way.

• Members

I've enjoyed Y&R. I had not watched it in a while before last summer. Lately it's been pretty good IMO. I'm also still enjoying Days. I've never been really impressed with Drake H. (can't spell his last name) as an actor, but this week, he's been pretty good. I'm interested in some of the stories and overall I still am enjoying it. I guess DH isn't writing much yet. I'm going to miss Days when she ruins it. LOL.

• Members

Major kudos to Y&R. They have been slowly gaining their identity back.

:lol: @ GH's fall.

It's nice to see no soap below a 2.0 in households, as much as I detest Guiding Light at the moment.

:o: Despite how sorry OLTL is looking in the ratings (wrongfully), the show is gaining plenty of viewers in the 18-49 Women demographic. Good for them!

• Members

No, you're not the only one. I actually think GH has improved in terms of cast interaction, consistency and dialogue. Sure, the Super Mob still dominate and it ain't perfect by any stretch, but the improvement witnessed over the past few weeks is still marked. Garin Wolf is a real improvement over Guza, and I'm just worried that TIIC are going take these ratings to mean more Guza mob hell, more of the time.

Yay to Y&R and B&B. From what, I've seen, Y&R deserves it.

• Members

B&B has been using the same story for 20 years now. I don't know why anyone really continues to watch it. Young and Restless has been good, and my favorite show now is DOOL and by a long shot. I hope DH doesn't ruin it instantly. I know she will ruin it, but I hope it takes a while anyway.

• Members

AMC has seen a small increase since the returns of DM, DW and RB which is great news. At least they didn't go down. I for one find AMC very entertaining and I look forward to it moreso than the other soaps right now. Just wish they would give Colin Egglesfield more to do. Did I mention I love him LOL. Anyway, B&B is my main show now but it is driving me to drink. It was much better a few weeks ago when the story focused on the Logans and the Forresters.

Archived