ATWT: Casting News

• Members

CASTING NEWS:

-Tala Ashe joins the cast of ATWT in mid-February as "Ameera". She will have ties to both Luke and Noah.

-Grayson McCouch has moved to California and is looking for work.

RUMORS:

-Sam gets shot. Parker shoots him. Jack and Carly protect Parker.

-Hunt Block has been let go at OLTL supposedly and speculation is that Goutman might try to hire him back because of the huge "Bring Craig Back" uproar.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They can't keep doing the merry-go-round with Craig. I liked Hunt Block's Craig. I liked Scott Bryce's Craig. But the two are completely different characters in my mind and I was personally looking forward to seeing where Bryce's was going now that he had been sufficiently humanized. Bringing Hunt Block back would be stupid. Either Bryce or nothing right now, or Block in a few years.

• Members

I've got Lindsay Lohan's Rumors stuck inside my head for some weird reason. Scott Bryce is the one and only Craig Montgomery for me. There's just something about Hunt Block that I don't like, but I can't figure out what it is. I guess it's because I see him as Ben Warren on Guiding Light. :D

• Members

I agree with this. Fans wanted Hunt back before Jeffrey Meek and Scott. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Scott's performance. Heck I didn't even like him the first time he played Craig but he eventually totally won me over this time. I liked Hunt, but I think Scott worked hard to give Craig back some layers and make the character work again. It would be a real slap in the face to the fans now to return anyone other than Scott to the role.

The only part of this I would like to be true is that Goutman has heard what an uproar firing Scott has caused and hopefully that would make him beg Scott to return.

I'm very skeptical about the Parker kills Sam rumor. That seemed to originate from Trixie and her track record is near zero.

I too hope Tala can act! Pretty girl and heaven knows Luke and Noah are long overdue a real story.

• Members

Well, I doubt ATWT can afford Hunt anymore. However, in one of the latest mags, their rumors have Scott's departure not being money related. My guess is that our IDIOT writers (or idiot scabs..) just don't have a way to work him into a story outside of the Paul/Meg triangle, which has proven to be a COMPLETE bust. The next time anyone complains about the "talented" actors thrown under the Carjack bus, I'm going to point to Paul/Meg and say..."it's that way with the entire show."

Oddly, I'm hoping the uproar will show Goutman how much Craig (and Scott) is loved by the fans, and maybe give him an incentive to come up with a story for Craig and bring Scott back.

As for the Carly/Jack/Parker rumors....I got a bad feeling it's true. One reliable site's "future spoilers" have Carly and Jack rallying by Parker. Who'd have thunk TIIC would do two back to back bad murders?

• Members

She's very pretty. Let's hope she can act.

Good luck, Grayson, but with the writers still on strike, it won't be easy.

Wow. And I thought Will poisoning Rose was disturbing!

Of course, since it is a rumor, and not an actual spoiler, it might not be true. Still, I wouldn't put it past ATWT to go there, if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile, let's hope Parker takes out Cowboy Jack, too.

Agree with those who think this would be a bad idea. If true, then Goutman is absolutely clueless as to what the audience wants to see.

• Members

I think Bryce was let go, b/c Craig, along with Rosanna, had been written into a corner. Once you have a character plot his own wife's miscarriage, it's difficult to get the audience to root for him.

Did it say Sam would be murdered or just shot? If he's murdered, then, yeah, back-to-back, unrelated murders is dumb.

They might as well rename the show THE NEW EDGE OF NIGHT, with all the malice and mayhem that's been going on lately.

• Members

I don't think most of the audience was having a problem with it though and that is thanks to Scott. He made us realize that Craig could never actually go through with it. He added the necessary layers to the character in order for him to be forgiven. And hey this is the same man that had his daughter kidnapped and survived that! :lol: I also don't think it hurt at all that Paul and Meg just aren't that popular with a lot of the fans, so a lot of people just weren't that upset about it as Craig is far more popular.

I tend to think it is more of a case of the writers not knowing what to do with Craig. They ran into the same dilemma in the past when they broke up Craig and Rosanna and put her with Paul. In this case I think Paul and Meg are just a giant blackhole that sucked the life out of Craig :angry: In reality he never should have been trapped with the dreadful pair and there was so much more that could be done with the character.

I just hope the fans remain vocal and Goutman comes to his senses.

Archived