Marlena De Lacroix comments on GH's Black and White Ball

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As usual, Marlena, your words tickled and delighted the heck outta me! However, it's a shame you're not at SOD anymore. God knows, that terrible rag needs you.

Thanks, also, to Toups, for providing the link. My bookmarks are being updated as we speak!

• Members

For a show that picked itself up around two years ago and began introducing and reintroducing historical and hospital-based characters and stories with great possibilities (Robin, Patrick Drake, Robert and Anna, etc), GH is just as much of a clusterfuck now as it was back in the days of Reese, Nik/Courtney (or as I called them, Hulkamania, Brother!) and Soily. Guza and JFP have squandered every new possibility and couple they have created and continue killing their way through each and every story and mucking up every obstacle and making things even worse for themselves. Maxie is unwatchable to me. Lulu, once promising, is now overexposed. Jax and Carly is like a monotone. Robin and Patrick are locked in the same old song and are not allowed to do more lest they preempt the mob. Scott is Snidely Whiplash and his complete devolution has no explanation. Luke is a joke, even moreso now than ever before; I could not give a [!@#$%^&*] about a "serious" heart bypass story for this character now, and it's laughable that they would expect me to take him seriously about that after his last couple of shitty storylines. The Quartermaines have been slaughtered for nothing. Georgie, slaughtered for nothing. Kate, a promising character, is shackled to Sonny. Nikolas has no future after two dead women. Sam's Cassadine blood will never be exploited and beyond that connection I don't care about her. Alexis is not a priority for the show and Jerry was ruined before his return began. Liz and Jake, the only things that could get me interested in Jason again, are doomed because they will be assimilated into his world and Jason the mob killer will never change. But the character has to change, but he won't, and...

In short, they have so many tools from the past couple years in place that they could've used to make the show good again but they've just spent the time [!@#$%^&*] it up even worse and wasting new talent. I have no idea how to fix a show like this, where all the shiny new good pieces are forced into the wrong holes, or the old pieces are facing the wrong side up.

• Members

In many cases it's not so much an issue of not using them, it's an issue of using them properly. So many frontburner actors or new concepts or characters or couples that could've or have worked well are misused, run into the ground, or put in bad, pointless stories that drain them of all life.

Also, it's just pathetic when Jax and Carly find out Emily Q is dead, and then ten minutes later are back to gabbing about "the text message killer". (one of GH's dumbest stories in a long time) No time for emotional impact.

• Members

Sorry Toups for highjacking your post.

Perfect example of not using/misuse of character/actor. Rick Hearst. A storyline that he has begged and pleaded for since he started on this show was a story involving his father Trevor coming to PC. A storyline that pretty much wrote itself a few years ago when Molly was born is NOW being written for MAURICE! WTF??? Rick ousted yet AGAIN in a story that should of been HIS. Rick hasn't really had a storyline since the Panic Room, and if you want to count his pairing with Alexis - but even that was about, who else? SONNY! Yeah yeah I know Ric is Sonny's brother and he's obsessed with the man, yeah, overdone 10x over. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Jen

Don't even get me started on the lack of Q's, Spencers, Scorpios and Cassadines. :angry:

• Members

Part of me enjoyed it and part of me realized it was pretty much just a rehash of the Hostage Crisis. It had all the same elements just set in a castle.

The inconstanties now kinda annoy me. The ball took place on October 31st and we are only supposed to be only a day or two removed and that are saying Emily's funeral is the 28th. I guess Port Charles has the same calender as Salem.

• Members

Great Review.

I ask myself why do I put myself through this day in and day out?

Maybe its the random 5 seconds of Luke & vets or a family Thanksgiving episode .. always a freakin glimmer that taunts me but it slides right back to what it usually is. The same people dominating airtime with s.l's beyong nauseating.

Archived