Days:- Jennifer Horton Devereaux

• Members

Remember the actress who played Jennifer after Melissa left in 1995, remember Stephanie Cameron, who i think where much more better actress for the role of Jennifer, she gave her character more of a fiery side then Melissa did in the part.

I wonder if they will take the character back, and in that case will they take on Stephanie another time?, what do you all here think?:-........

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I wasn't a big Stephanie Cameron fan, and you''re right, Melissa IS Jennifer. But I also agree that Sandra Ferguson would be a good recast. Or Jensen Buchanan. I'm just not sure if any of the above would work without Jack. I was not a fan of Jen with Colin, Brandon, Patrick, or Frankie. I love Jen with Jack, or even by herself when she's interacting with friends and family, but her romantic pairings sans Jack have been a bust.

However, I think that Jack is definitely needed in Salem, with or without Jennifer. Jack and Billie would be a fun pair, and Matt Ashford has great chemistry with Alison Sweeney, too. Plus, his reunion with Steve was very short-lived, so there's lots of story potential there, as well as with Adrienne.

• Members

Melissa Reeves was to much of a good girl, she made Jennifer too good, she had the most awful clothing of any female cast member, because she was typed as the good one, the one who almost never did anything but looked nice and where nice to almost anyone, could wee ever see Jennifer slap someone or have a good fight with someone?, no!....

Now Stephanie Cameron was also a good girl, Jennifer but she where more of a fighter, her character, nothing against Melissa Reeves but her role as Jennifer where so booooooring!

• Members

Jensen would also be good - but id love to see SF return to daytime. she is such a great actress and i awlays ound jenn & amanda a lot alike. I think they could make it work. I have never been a fan of Jen & any man actually. Well, except for Peter. And i agree about Jack being needed in salem - i just hate the jack & jen coupling. they make eachother so utterly borring. I do think Jack & Billie would be great - and i loved Jack & Sami! I think a great story would be a kayla/steve/billie/jack/jen thing.

• Members

I liked Stephanie Cameron in the role and would like to have seen her with Matt Ashford instead of Mark Valley or the other one who came across as supergay (forgot his name). On a superficial note, she was superhot. Relating to the character, she was just more affable than Melissa's Jen - yes, thats the writing too but I have been watching since 1992 and MR's Jen has always come across as a royal bi-otch. JMHO.

• Members

I totally forgot about Peter! Yes, I did like Jen and Peter together.

And I agree that Jack and Jen have been boring quite a lot, but I think most of that was the writing. I loved them in 1991-92 around their first wedding. And they had some really good scenes before they left this last time. But "In the House" and Jack's repeat deaths...what kind of supercouple deserves that kind of writing??

• Members

I could have accepted a recast of Jennifer if it meant keeping Jack. The recast could have simply been recurring--once every two months. Then again, they might have gotten Missy to do that much. TIIC just didn't see the point to Jack without Jennifer, a stupid position to begin with, but with Steve and Kayla coming back it was insane. Jack's departure has been a disaster for S&K. Their return has tanked as the viewers have completely rejected the new nucleus of the show: Steve&Kayla and Bo&Hope--four together, together forever.

Steve

Archived