November 5-9, 2007

Toups

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am with you and think that OLTL is trying to give the viewers what they want to see by focusing on the veterans but adding in the younger crowd as well. IMO, OLTL is in a good position right now because they are not doing as GH is with the SWEEPS STUNT, rather they are creating the UMBRELLA s/l that even after sweeps will carry on and progress even further.

OLTL was good last week, very happy the ratings went up. This week OLTL has been even better, hopefully the ratings will reflect that :)

• Members

GH always brings it for sweeps. Hell, I watched sweeps. This is nothing new. I would have been shocked had the ratings not increased. But the true test will be if they can maintain anything resembling a 2.5 after sweeps. GH's track record seems to point to Guza dropping the ball completely and GH falling sharply. Enjoy it, because IMO, in two weeks we'll be back to the same ole same ole crap.

• Members

I will enjoy it and even if you're right and GH drops last week it still won't change the fact that I'll probably enjoy the next weeks worth of episodes. Nor will I suffer from extreme depression because my life and happiness are so dependent on these weekly ratings threads (which really are "Any Excuse to Bash the Soaps Threads).

General Hopsital has consistently been #3 for a long time now but even if it were to drop down to #6 or go off air (Heaven forbid) I won't lose my sanity. I"ll be sad and I'll miss it but as long as it ends on a good note with my characters in a good place I'll be happy and think fondly on it like I do all the other shows who have gone off air.

So really the ratings can go up and down for all I care. It just not worth getting all amped about or fighting over what they mean or don't mean. If its the apocalypse of daytime or w/e.

• Members

ABC may have rebound but their ratings are still atrocious. An average of 2.5 - 2.0 for their entire line up is pathetic and hopefully... finally unacceptable for Anne Sweeney. How long before all three soaps starts averaging below 2.0?

Archived