DAYS: Wednesday Oct. 17 (US), Tuesday Oct. 16 (Canada)!

• Members

SPOILER WARNING FOR US VIEWERS!

Man I was gonna wait till tomorrow to post my comments, but I just couldn't wait.

If you thought Tuesday's episode was sad....Wednesday's will leave you in even worse shape.

This is of course the episode where John finally lets go and Marlena (and everyone) says goodbye to him.

Deidre Hall was AMAZING, especially in her final scene with John...it was so good because the emotion was SOOOOOOO real...SO heartfelt.

This is the sh*t emmy's were made for!!

I have felt drained all day because of the 2hrs i spent watching DAYS today.

If ever there was en episode for DAYS to not just be nominated for, but WIN the Drama Series emmy...this is it!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If only the voters would put aside their bias and voting for people within their network and vote based on the tapes in front of them. Err. Hopefully the critical praise will be to much for them to not actually watch and do their jobs next year.

• Members

It IS a great episode...I've already seen it as well. Deirdre Hall is excellent as are Martha Madison and Lauren Koslow (yes, at long last Ms Koslow got to ACT).

Deirdre Hall is actually quite powerful and subtle, she doesn't overblow her emotion at all. She's just powerful and raw and present in the final scene. It's really quite a realistic scene...as well, whoever arranged the heart rate machine did a fantastic job, that bit gave me chills (you'll understand what I mean when you see it!)

• Members

In a perfect world, DAYS so would win the 07-08 Emmy for Outstanding Drama simply for submitting this episode. The travesty that is this nomination process and stupid NBC for having one soap.

I can't wait for tomorrow! Koslow is on? Oh yeah I'm so gonna watch.

• Members

I'm guessing this episode will be a keeper. I couldn't rewind over today's episode so I think I'm gonna make this tape a DAYS best week ever tape.

One small glimmer of hope could be Y&R throwing some votes DAYS way because they are both Sony productions.

I should add that Peter Bergman told Martha Madison after this years Emmys that he really liked her work so that could help her, hopefully I know its a long shot.

• Members

MY GOD!

The dialouge is PHENOMINAL in those scenes....ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS.

"You'll have your arms wide open, waiting.....I'll be there...You'll be taking care of me again (that line BROKE my heart)....sleep...I'll see you in forever", cue to John who dies right after she says these words to him.

This is one of Deidre Hall's finest moments IMO...she played it as realistically as you can get and for a soap that is normall overly melodramatic, it is quite a welcomed surprise.

Hogan is a GENIUS for this scene...this is the best written scene of DAYS I think I have ever watched.

Archived