DAYS: NBC promo for the week of October 12

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is really wrong. However you feel about the character or actor or the potential drama to come out of this, they could've at least given Drake and Dee a few weeks of substantial material before they killed him off and made the death about other people. On principle it's a crappy thing to do to someone who's been on the show for twenty years, just sandwich his death between a year on the backburner and someone else's storyline. Regardless of who it's about; just remember that if TPTB do it once they'll do it again.

• Members

Let's see, by the preview, it looked as soon as Marlena rushed to John, she called Sami. Why the hell isn't she calling for some type of paramedics? Also, Belle is John's biological daughter, you'd think that would have given her some type of priority over Sami. Also, the whole preview was essentially a showcase FOR SAMI - literally everything revolved around her. I guess they don't call the show Days of Sami's Life for nothing...

• Members

1) Everything else is about Sami, John and Marlena are a friggin' supercouple, let us have A moment. JUST ONE. One moment that's not about Sami, Belle or anyone else. Just one. But no, he dies getting Belle's car keys and Marlena calls Sami.

2) As a viewer, I friggin' need a break from the witch. She's on 5 days a week, every week, the show revolves around her.

3) Sami didn't give a crap about John for a decade, tried to ruin his marriage, went rampant crazy on him, kept him hooked on drugs and tried to put him in jail.

• Members

We don't see everything. Maybe she did call the parmedics first and from other spoilers it seems Belle is already there and maybe she called the paramedics. This of course will make Sami think she has no other choice and will have to marry EJ to stop the vendetta.

• Members

Because the paramedics are already called on top of the fact that they are at a clinic.

As for J&M not having any buildup to this, isn't that better? It blindsides the general fan and it's more gripping if you see it coming. Sure, they could've given them a love scenes or something but I have no problem with there being no buildup to the accident. It's realistic that it just happens out of the blue. Things like that happen all the time in real life and I can appreciate that.

We also have no idea it will all revolve around Sami but, in a way, it should. I think we all knew this would stem from the Dimera drama, which involves Sami. As long as Marlena grieves and gets airtime I could care less if Sami drives alot of the story. She is his stepdaughter anyway.

It should be about Marlena but it also should be about Sami and Belle and all those affected by John.

• Members

If you're talking about the fan who doesn't read spoilers, then no it doesn't make it better. You can have build-up without giving things away (and if you can't you don't deserve to write). Even if they had let John do half of what they'd been letting Bo do, that'dve been better. Would going about helping the police even for a week give away a random hit and run? I don't see it. Instead you have John Black, who has, whatever you think of him personally, still been a hero on this show for 20 years, going out in a blip.

I would not recommend Backburner Hell + Blink-and-you-miss-it Exit as good soap writing. No disrespect for your opinion intended, but I think that's reaching.

Archived