Casting Director Awards

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a joke the Artios are. Judy Blye Wilson!? Fran F. Bascom!? Jacklynn Briskey!? These women should be fired. Well, one of them was canned-Bascom. Briskey picked some of the worst actors to ever appear on TV!!!!! No wonder awards in general are losing credibility at an alarming rate. Crap nominations = crap winners. At this point, I do not know which awards are worse. It appears that the WGS, PGA & DGA have a modicum of respect intact. But that is not saying much.

The winner? Mary Clay Boland

robbed of the award? Mark Teschner

• Members

Um, why is Mark Teschner not nominated? He has an incredible eye for casting! The actors he's brought on in recent years are a huge part of why I endure GH!

I don't watch many of the shows listed, or haven't been watching them long enough that I feel I can comment, but I will say that Bascom should be disqualified just for casting Shelley Hennig as Stephanie Johnson. It is rare for casting to bother me as much as that choice.

• Members

Rob Decina is okay. Michelle Ray Smith simply is not my cup of tea and I just can't warm myself up to Caitlin Van Zandt cuz she has these mannerisms that bug me...like the laughing and giggling. However Marcy Rylan and Tom Pelphrey....wow what a find they were.

• Members

If you go to espn.com right now, Rob Decina of GL is being interviewed by Mike & Mike in the Morning who have Mark Schlereth on as their special guest. It's the main video right now. Rob talks about giving them a part on GL.

As for the award, I've never understood casting awards. There are so many talentless duds cast every year.

• Members

As much as I like Judy Blye Wilson at AMC, she is starting to lose that touch of hers. I do not mind the nuGreenlee but the role should be filled by someone who has uumph and Sabine Singh is just good but not great. The other hires like Dre and his band are okay but nothing to scream home about....the only real great find she has found recently is Billy Miller as Wes/Ritchie. He fits into the role and is now doing good at playing a villain

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

"The Casting Society of America is the premier organization of theatrical Casting Directors in film, television, and theatre. Although it is not a union, its members are a united professional society that consistently set the level of professionalism in casting on which the entertainment industry has come to rely. It's more than 350 members are represented not only in the United States, but also in Canada, England, Australia and Italy." (http://www.castingsociety.com/about/what_is_csa)

2007 Artios Awards Nominations: http://www.castingsociety.com/artios/2007nominees

Hope this answers a few questions.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Artios 2007 Winners Announced

Career Achievement Award: Richard Donner

Hoyt Bowers Award: Marc Hirschfeld

Apple Award: Mike Nichols

Feature Film Casting – Drama: Debra Zane and Jay Binder, “Dreamgirls”

Feature Film Casting – Comedy: Ilene Starger, Coreen Mayrs & Heike Brandstatter (Vancouver Casting), “Night at the Museum”

Independent Feature Film Casting: Eyde Belasco, “Half Nelson”

Action/Horror Feature Film Casting: Amanda Mackey and Cathy Sandrich Gelfond, “Smokin’ Aces”

Movie Of The Week Casting: René Haynes, “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee”

Mini Series Casting: Felicia Fasano, “Sleeper Cell: American Terror”

Daytime Episodic Casting: Judy Blye Wilson, “All My Children”

Animated Voice-Over Feature Casting: Ruth Lambert, “The Ant Bully”

Animated Voice-Over Television Casting: Gillian O’Neill, “Celebrity Death Match”

Dramatic Episodic Casting: Julie Tucker, “Rescue Me”

Comedy Episodic Casting: Sheila Jaffe & Georgianne Walken, “Entourage”

Dramatic Pilot Casting: Gillian O’Neill and Jeanie Bacharach, “Brothers & Sisters”

Comedy Pilot Casting: Junie Lowry Johnson and Bernard Telsey (Location Casting), “Ugly Betty”

Children’s TV Casting: Carol Goldwasser and Howard Meltzer, “Hannah Montana”

Dramatic Theater Casting: Daniel Swee, “The Coast of Utopia”

Comedy Theater Casting: Jim Carnahan & Mele Nagler, “Prelude to a Kiss”

Musical Theater Casting: Jim Carnahan, “Spring Awakening”

Off-Broadway Theater Casting: Stephanie Klapper, “An Oak Tree”

Regional Theater (Lort): Alaine Alldaffer, “Present Laughter”

L.A. Theater: Michael Donovan, “Fences”

Source: http://www.castingsociety.com/press/News_I...2007-11-11.0817

• Members

PASSIONS' Casting Director doesn't deserve a nom for Jared Stevenson?! Erin Cardillo? The guy who plays Vincent?! It's not like they'll be getting an Oscar anytime soon...but I think these performers are okay and some of the best finds that PASSIONS has had in awhile.

These actors are usually stilted and stereotyped because of the really terrible writing from the show(which, from what I have seen in clips, has gotten a MILLION X better on DirecTV!).

But totally agree with most of what is said...Techner usually ALWAYS gets it right on GH and when he was on PC too.

Archived