New GH Courtney is....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SON can neither confirm nor deny that Lauren Woodland is Courtney. That's why he haven't run a story on it. We don't want to make the same mistake we did over the summer (the whole mess w/ Kim Zimmer and GL). Based on what I know, all signs are pointing to Erin Hershey Presley, but it's a toss up. EHP and LW are the two women in the front-running for the role. Frons has been trying to get EHP a job on ABC since Port Charles was cancelled. If he gets his way, it'll be EHP.

• Members

Rebecca Budig as Brenda? That's strange, I would take Kelly Monaco over anyone. BTW, can someone explain to me why Brenda is so special that she can't be recast? I love her and all, but I don't understand why everyone acts like recasting the role would be so difficult. I can think of tons more that would be more difficult.

• Members

While no one can say that Vanessa Marcil is an phenomenal actress, she is Brenda. That role fits her well and she acts very, very well when she portrays Brenda. Brenda is one of those roles that cannot, and should not be recast.

Recasting Brenda would be like recasting Laura Spencer, Victoria Lord, Bianca Montgomery or countless others. It could be redone as it has been before, but it shouldn't be done. I'm not saying that the Brenda character is up there with Laura Spencer and all, but for my comparison, she is. While the later 3 characters were recasts, the previous people who played them weren't memorable.

If they were to recast Brenda, every damn day she was on, people would complain. No matter how great the actress who replaced Vanessa could be, she still wouldn't be Vanessa Marcil, and that, is what makes the role of Brenda so special.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 25 2005, 01:08 PM)

Rebecca Budig as Brenda? That's strange, I would take Kelly Monaco over anyone. BTW, can someone explain to me why Brenda is so special that she can't be recast? I love her and all, but I don't understand why everyone acts like recasting the role would be so difficult. I can think of tons more that would be more difficult.

Obviously anyone can take the role. But why it shouldn't be done is because, there is no reason to. If Marcil can't take the role up again, there is no reason for the show to try and bring her character back. A lot of the character's popularity comes from Marcil herself, her portrayal and her history with the show. That's it. It's not *only* about the character it's about the actress that plays her. Even Lois' re-creation failed. Lesli Kay is good but Rena Sofer she isn't. And Sofer isn't even a BIG actress, but she was Lois. There is no need to find a re-cast for a character that will prove futile if she's not played by the original role. It would just be like watching-- well--- Sam, Reese and the ten thousand other dark haired girls that have been brought on to try and re-create Brenda's magic.

Archived