Toups

• Members

Yep, they have gone up every week I think,

This week: +87,000

Last week: +18,000

3 Weeks Ago: +133,000

Currently: 3.21 Million

4 Weeks Ago: 2.96 Million

In the last 3 weeks DAYS has gained almost 240,000 viewers. Although their HH hasn't increased much, the show has gained viewers, this just means most of those new viewers are watching together on the same TV.

So they seem to be slowly attracting more viewers back little by little.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If DAYS can somehow just hold on to these viewers until Christie Clark returns as Carrie, as I think DAYS can get a SLIGHT bump in the ratings from her return.

I still dont know why DAYS is not already promoting Carrie's return to the show, why not have some exciting promos leading up to a huge return, a character that is going to shake up Salem or something along those lines having to do with Sami, because most promos involving the character of Sami bring viewers back. I just wish DAYS and all soaps were promoted better, its pitiful how unpromoted they actually are.

• Members

Kirk I whole-heartedly agree with you.

I was thinking the same thing, all they need to do is just hold on to the recent viewers, promote Clark's return, and we should get another bump from her coming back.

Plus the 200,000+ viewers that have tuned back in in the last 3 weeks may also stick around to watch her.

• Members

Is Christie Clark really such a big ratings winner? I have my doubts!

I respect all of you who are still devoted DAYS fans. Believe me, I wish I could be as hopeful and enthusiastic! Sorry, but I can't sit through another lot of "Jack dying/Jennifer in mourning" scenes.

Matt & Missy will of course be great, but it's all too painful for this longtime J&J fan, particularly when I know the writers could do so many other things with this couple. And I refuse to watch Jen/Frankie. They have no chemistry together, and it's an insult to Jack fans that we have to stomach it.

Yes, as long as Matt Ashford is still on DAYS, there is hope, but does anyone really think his contract will be renewed next June? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Members

Isn't his renewal in June 2007. I thought he signed a 3-year deal (soap standard) upon his return in June 2004.

Regardless, I do think Matt will be signed, he is very popular and despite the content on-screen I think Corday and some of the other higher-ups know this.

Plus Matt can't be THAT expensive. No more than Alfonso, Reckell or Reeves. He is probably the cheapest out of the major 6 (PR, KA, DDH, DH, MR and MA)

• Members

Ashford will be renewed-I am almsot sure of it otherwise I think MR would walk too and Days doesn't want that. It is good to see total viewers going up-maybe people are enjoying the show like I am LOL.

I think Days will get a bump for Carrie's return but it would be bigger if she got more promoted. Days will most likely get a SOD or SOW weekly cover and then wil promote Carrie the week she returns. That will be all the promotion you will see. Although some magazines do have a full page ad for Days in December that mentions "Will Sami take Austin from Carrie again?" so maybe that will draw some in. I think Days will see major increases in December like all the shows and will lose alot of that in the second week of January when people return to work and such.

• Members

That is great to see Days inching up. That is good news for the show. I only hope they can hold on to them. I think picking up the pace a little more might help.

Looks like Days was up in all categories except 18-34's. Look's like lots of guys turned the show on last week. What the heck happened last Friday? Anything?

• Members

WOW that is great to see such an increase for DAYS in Male Viewership, they now are #3, taking it from ATWT.

Damn, if DAYS has just gotten a 2.4 on that Thursday they would have gotten a 2.6 for the week.

What is with these odd ball days, its like DAYS stays consistent or higher for 4 of the 5 days and then one of the days they drop MAJORLY, leading to stagnant freakin ratings.

• Members

Days Friday:

The first day of Austin Reed & Co. vs Titan

Jack and Jen's romantic trip to the airport.

Marlena gathers Alex, John, and Roman at the Penthouse and tells them she knows which man she wants to be with... freeze frame.

So Monday of this week should be a good ratings day too, since it was a good cliffhanger for the non-internet audience ;)

• Members

WOW – without any hype by the network or “events“ B&B is gaining ground... When was the last time a soap was this close to Y&R (even if only for one day)??? They crushed their time competitor AMC by more than a full rating point!

I hope the show continues to rise in HH and soon gets a 3.5 or 3.6 rating again for the whole week. The fact that B&B has gained strongly (or held) in all demos is also a very good sign.

Archived