November 7-11, 2005

Toups

• Members

December 2001 was still Langan (and yes he was fired in that month, also), actually he was getting HW billing until March of 2002, I'm sure C&B changed some of his stuff. But if TL was responsible for a lot of what happened in Dec 2001-February 2002, he did a very good job those months. Prior to that, CRAP.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree KR-they don't reflect quaility. Some shows have had good quaility stories and it has gotten them nowhere.

As for Days, it always is good in December and in the summer. I don't know why its during those months where things really move and get exciting. I think the show hopes it can attract fans and hold them since so many are home in December but with the way ratings are I doubt it. They will go up and hold until the second week of January. Then in that week they wil bottom out back to normal. GRR....

But Days in December does sound good..heck some of Passions sounds good as well. I always enjoy their Christmas and New Year's shows as well. Of course, there holiday shows are nothing like Days :)

• Members

B&B deserves its increase in ratings. The Stephanie takeover of Forrester has been one of its best SLs for ages. :D:D

I hope DAYS does worse than 2.5. I'll be in the minority and argue this "killing" off Jack again will hurt the ratings. A lot of the J&J fans are so angry, we're boycotting the show in protest. Unless there's a Christmas "Jack is Alive" miracle, DAYS deserves to go down the tubes! :angry::angry:

• Members

While I am just as frustrated as you, I do beleive there will be a miracle. I have heard rumors of it and just get the feeling that is where this is going. I really don't think ratings will fall because J&J don't really have a big impact on ratings, at least usually. Both times Jack has been killed off the ratings haven't gone down-they have gone up. Other then the week of the fake homecoming earlier this year, J&J really haven't hurt Days ratings. I think Days will go up or stay the same in my opinion. If they go down, it will most likely be due to angry J&M fans because the week that J&M made love to Kate and Roman is the week Days hit that record low for the first time I believe. JMO though and I do understand where you are coming believe me.

• Members

I don't share your confidence about the Christmas miracle. IMO, we'll get what we had last Christmas - Some Bo & Hope romance, Jennifer mourning Jack, a few scenes of Jack in some hospital somewhere waiting to die, a fake Jack/Jen romantic flashback etc.

You make a good point about the J&M fans. They are just as angry!

• Members

Um, the first time Jack was killed off was during the SK storyline. Those ratings didn't start to plummet until after Marlena's reveal as the killer. After that, I believe, it was a freefall.

The week of the tidal wave, there was a bump in the ratings, but they fell the following week when all the prisoners didn't make it home.

The week Jack came home to fake Jennifer was the first record low. The second record low was the week of John, Kate, Roman and Marlena. IIRC, the ratings had already been trending downwards since Sami/Stan.

Another ratings bump when the castlites made it home, but that was quickly lost as Iraq crap was shoved front and center.

I believe the ratings have been hovering in the 2.4-2.7 range since the GI Joe storyline. This could be wrong because I'm doing it from memory, but I think it's close to being correct.

Archived