The Tennis Thread

If Sascha vultures a Slam in the absence of the Big 3, lord help us. 😂 I hope Medvedev and Thiem don’t rip each other to shreds.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

If Sascha vultures a Slam in the absence of the Big 3, lord help us. 😂 I hope Medvedev and Thiem don’t rip each other to shreds.

This is what worries me too. Sascha is full of sh!t and doesn't deserve to win it IMO.

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

I think Thiem will take it. 

25 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

I think Thiem will take it. 

That’s my guess too on form, but you never know. I would honestly prefer Shapovalov, PCB, or even De Minaur win the title over Zverev. At least they, as Grand Slam champions, would be absurd in a funny “Oh that’s so 2020!” way. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Sascha beat a top player in a truly quality match.

Edited by Faulkner

Gotta say, Naomi looks great.

Rennae’s question to Naomi didn’t sit well with me. Like “Let me guess! Who’s gonna be on your mask next?!?!” It’s almost as if she was viewing the names of these deceased black victims of injustice like fashion labels.

Edited by Faulkner

Naomi is fascinating. Sometimes she goes into that little girl mode but other times she’s INCREDIBLY poised and well-spoken and thoughtful. Like it’s a sharpness that is rare.

Edited by Faulkner
1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

That’s my guess too on form, but you never know. I would honestly prefer Shapovalov, PCB, or even De Minaur win the title over Zverev. At least they, as Grand Slam champions, would be absurd in a funny “Oh that’s so 2020!” way. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Sascha beat a top player in a truly quality match.

Shapo after just one set has gotten on my nerves. Him vying for a semi appearance is laughable. He is so not ready. 

Of course Kenin won a major...so anything is possible

7 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Shapo after just one set has gotten on my nerves. Him vying for a semi appearance is laughable. He is so not ready. 

He’s so not ready, even though I see progress. He can be a great shotmaker but then it’s just stupidity. PCB has missed some opportunities. Still I’d take Denis for the title over Zverev. Because you could laugh off a Shapo title. Zverev actually has a resume, even though he’s been one of the luckiest sons of bitches to hold a racquet.

Edited by Faulkner
7 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

He’s so not ready, even though I see progress. He can be a great shotmaker but then it’s just stupidity. PCB has missed some opportunities. Still I’d take Denis for the title over Zverev. Because you could laugh off a Shapo title. Zverev actually has a resume, even though he’s been one of the luckiest sons of bitches to hold a racquet.

Yes to all of this. 

If he were playing a top 8 player tonight..he'd be down two sets to none. He can't win with this kind of sh!t playing.

Edited by Soapsuds
8 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Yes to all of this. 

If he were playing a top 8 player tonight..he'd be down two sets to none. He can't win with this kind of sh!t playing.

I think if he were playing a more dialed-in PCB, Denis would be down two sets to none. Pablo’s better than this.

All this “replay the point” nonsense when there’s a bad call. Just use Hawkeye, folks.

Just now, Soapsuds said:

Denis is -10 in this set. He almost hit a linesman too.

The screaming is bugging me too. But admittedly Kvitova’s pterodactyl screech bothers me as well, and she seems otherwise lovely.

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

The screaming is bugging me too. But admittedly Kvitova’s pterodactyl screech bothers me as well, and she seems otherwise lovely.

I was about to post how I am hating his continued screaming. At least Kvitova got game! I actually love her screaming..lol

Gawd Shapo has 36 errors in the match.

5 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I was about to post how I am hating his continued screaming. At least Kvitova got game! I actually love her screaming..lol

I just find it jarring. Shelby Rogers also messes with me, so I had to turn off her match with Petra. Serena’s “C’mons” don’t bug me. 

The come ons that bother me are Kevin Anderson. He never use to do it in his career but now now he does.

Edited by Soapsuds