Toups

The Tennis Thread

50 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Good she had enough sense not to have a presser.  The world #366 doesn't need one. 

Just now, Fevuh said:

It was pretty clear that this had to be coming...it's been years since she's really been a threat....

Not to mention, she's #366.  Her body can no longer compete without that stuff she was hooked on for 12+ years.  

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

Not to mention, she's #366.  Her body can no longer compete without that stuff she was hooked on for 12+ years.  

That story kind of never sounded true.  I don't know how you or an agent or coach isn't watching the updated list and I'm sure they're told that it's changed and to make sure you check for updates...or they must list the drugs that were added.  And then the whole discussion about a protected ranking.  They didn't give Monica jack when she came back.  They let her in tournaments if I remember, but not ranked.  

12 hours ago, Faulkner said:

I know he's had several strokes - has his health been so bad for several years and that's why you don't see him at tournaments?  It's been years it seems like.  

3 minutes ago, Fevuh said:

That story kind of never sounded true.  I don't know how you or an agent or coach isn't watching the updated list and I'm sure they're told that it's changed and to make sure you check for updates...or they must list the drugs that were added.  And then the whole discussion about a protected ranking.  They didn't give Monica jack when she came back.  They let her in tournaments if I remember, but not ranked.  

It was a lie and Maria got more narrative and understanding than anyone else ever would have, especially Serena.  Her coach used to tell her to take 5 pills for "special" matches...code word for Serena matches.  Those pills were never about Maria's health.  They were always PEDs and WADA finally recognized them as such!  

6 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Annnnnd Sascha’s out to Tommy Paul.

😂😂😂

His box quickly existed the stadium in disgust.