Toups

The Tennis Thread

Pliskova and Keys are tour veterans but will play their first-ever WTA match against each other in a final.

Tennis is such a funny sport. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, Faulkner said:

Just saw Serbia win the ATP Cup, and Nikola Cacic is such a dish. We don’t see enough of him.

I dropped off with ATPCup and so, didn't see the final but apparently Team Serbia's post final celebrations have been causing some head shaking and disappointment?

Tennis tournament organizations usually opt for $$$ over the health of the players.  I'll never the year that the heat caused mass retirements from matches and some players even had delusions on court due to the extreme heat. 

No offense, but Jarry is an idiot. Also, no offense to Argentina (especially since I do like DelPo and think he's great for the game, I also enjoy Diego) but Argentina has had more than a few cases of doping offenses, each with their own ridiculous set of excuses for said offense. 

It's time for Venus to call it quits!  

And lol at the French player who couldn't peel his own damn banana.  Thank goodness the Chair stepped in his ass!  

2 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

It's time for Venus to call it quits!  

And lol at the French player who couldn't peel his own damn banana.  Thank goodness the Chair stepped in his ass!  

I was about to post about the banana.  How are you holding a tennis racquet?  

Add SugarPimp to the list of folks who need to retire.  She's now #366 in the world.  Maria's body will continue to let her down without Meldonium.  She needs to call it quits.  

And I saw the early exit coming during her warm up tourney.  She has no control over that forehand. And if a ball landed in, its because she couldn't put anything behind it. Not a fan but I did enjoy watching her play.