Toups

The Tennis Thread

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Who TF is gonna watch Davis Cup during the God*amn weekday??!  I tried to stream a match on the "official" website and the livestream was f*cked!  I gave up and I no longer care about Davis Cup. 

Sorry but Pique trying to make DC like FIFA World Cup is not a good idea. As it is I won't be able to care about DC until the weekend, Thursday afternoon at the very earliest.

I was looking for it online too and discovered TC no longer has the rights to air it. Their contract expired. FS2 now has the rights. They will start airing it today with Canada vs USA. 

1 hour ago, Fevuh said:

Ugh.  Pre-emptions and Tennis channel is running re-runs.  

The women's year end finals were terrible...people retiring various times.  And I just don't think Ash Barty is all that.  

Meanwhile how have I missed the hotness that is Belinda Bencic's boyfriend?  He is tasty.

TC is airing the best of matches for the year. Although some of their choices are rather awful. We won't see anything new from them until January and the beginning of a new year tennis season.

I've never noticed Bencic bf.

5 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I was looking for it online too and discovered TC no longer has the rights to air it. Their contract expired. FS2 now has the rights. They will start airing it today with Canada vs USA. 

TC is airing the best of matches for the year. Although some of their choices are rather awful. We won't see anything new from them until January and the beginning of a new year tennis season.

I've never noticed Bencic bf.

I don't know how to post a pic - but he plays soccer for a team in Russia.  Browse his name and if someone could post the delicious picture of him coming out of the Ocean - you will be forever worshipped by me.  LOL.  

Martin Hromkovic

Btw...the new Davis Cup is having poor ticket sales. A lot of empty seats. Oh gawd USA has all the serve bots with pathetic Jack Sock...lol

10 minutes ago, Fevuh said:

I don't know how to post a pic - but he plays soccer for a team in Russia.  Browse his name and if someone could post the delicious picture of him coming out of the Ocean - you will be forever worshipped by me.  LOL.  

Martin Hromkovic

This one?

15028978-v10-26068635-144202176365330-8091273057684946944-n.webp

6 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Btw...the new Davis Cup is having poor ticket sales. A lot of empty seats. Oh gawd USA has all the serve bots with pathetic Jack Sock...lol

This one?

15028978-v10-26068635-144202176365330-8091273057684946944-n.webpUnavailable

Darn it's not letting you share it, but I bet you found it.  If you browse his name on Google and look at Images it's really far at the top...

21 minutes ago, Fevuh said:

Darn it's not letting you share it, but I bet you found it.  If you browse his name on Google and look at Images it's really far at the top...

oiNa-TIRQF_YrXw69Iq4Bg_Hromkovi-r-d-ukazuje-vy-portovan-a-tetovan-m-posiate-telo.jpg

1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

He's 15 yrs older than Belinda.

I was reading that....I'd take that.  In the South we say, I'd sop that up with a biscuit.

It's too early to be talking about the ATP Cup @Faulkner.  One messy tournament at a time, lol.

1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

Yesterday, Day 1, the Rakuten Sports website (which I didn't know existed until the day before the tournament started) had a free livestream for the matches but the quality was pretty bad. Lots of freezing and the need to constantly reload the page. 

5 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

It's too early to be talking about the ATP Cup @Faulkner.  One messy tournament at a time, lol.

Yesterday, Day 1, the Rakuten Sports website (which I didn't know existed until the day before the tournament started) had a free livestream for the matches but the quality was pretty bad. Lots of freezing and the need to constantly reload the page. 

Im watching it on FS2 right now and the USA tennis bots are just too much. The seats are empty and only the USTA people are there....the ones responsible for the awful male players we have now.

2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Im watching it on FS2 right now and the USA tennis bots are just too much. The seats are empty and only the USTA people are there....the ones responsible for the awful male players we have now.

Well, if it's of any comfort, there were no shortage of empty seats yesterday too.  Honestly, I think the only matches that will be full/sold-out are the Spanish matches.  The issue of empty seats is a problem that often happens with regular tournaments that run during the weekdays, which is why Davis Cup's weekend atmosphere was usually something I enjoyed.

It seems like the Pique Cup is conscious of the empty seats issue and is trying their best to get the camera to "squeeze in" (or is it out) on the sections where there are clusters of spectators, hoping that viewers won't 'zero in' on the empty seats, I guess.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

The Davis Cup website is even more of a shambles than I thought!

Don't forget USES from right here in the good 'ole U S of A!

Oh. Ehm. Gee. USES is supposed to be USA?  Looks like someone couldn't decided between E.E.U.U and U.S.A., do they decided to split the difference. :lol:

Pique didn't spend money on the website. Clearly!