Toups

The Tennis Thread

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Apparently, Naomi Osaka reclaims World No. 1.

Bibi “Biggest Drama Queen Ever” Andreescu beat Pliskova and plays Kenin in the semis.

Interesting stat about the all-Russian men’s semi:

Tsitsipas not defending his final and Zverev losing to Khachanov means Nishikori is back in the top five.

Serena/Naomi tonight...

I completely have the hots for Khachanov.  Don't know what it is...but man, fire that toaster up and plug in it.  To me.  

4 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Apparently, Naomi Osaka reclaims World No. 1.

Bibi “Biggest Drama Queen Ever” Andreescu beat Pliskova and plays Kenin in the semis.

Interesting stat about the all-Russian men’s semi:

Tsitsipas not defending his final and Zverev losing to Khachanov means Nishikori is back in the top five.

Serena/Naomi tonight...

Kei won't last long at #5 since he has 720 points to defend at the US Open. 

Sasha is a hot mess. His game has gone down the tubes. 

1 hour ago, Fevuh said:

I completely have the hots for Khachanov.  Don't know what it is...but man, fire that toaster up and plug in it.  To me.  

Have you seen his wife? She is a plain Jane. I was shocked...I expected him to have one of those model types Stan was married to....

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Hilarious.

Poor Dimitrov....his game is a mess and if Grigor doesn't beat Stan he could drop from the 70s to almost out of the top 100....very shocking how his game has fallen.

Edited by Soapsuds

On 8/9/2019 at 9:46 PM, Soapsuds said:

Have you seen his wife? She is a plain Jane. I was shocked...I expected him to have one of those model types Stan was married to....

Now I'm going to have to look her up...this will be disappointing hahahahahaha.  

6 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Serena can’t catch a break.

I admire that she loves the sport so much but it might be time to give it up, but then I say to myself...half the field can't make damn QF so who am I to say when this woman should toss in the towel?  Fed's last Slam was 2+ years ago as well and no one is calling for him to hang it up.  

And Serena has had plenty of breaks!  23 Slams, 72 singles titles, 13 doubles Slam titles and $90+ million in prize money.  She will be fine.  

Edited by ChitHappens

38 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

I admire that she loves the sport so much but it might be time to give it up, but then I say to myself...half the field can't make damn QF so who am I to say when this woman should toss in the towel?  Fed's last Slam was 2+ years ago as well and no one is calling for him to hang it up.  

And Serena has had plenty of breaks!  23 Slams, 72 singles titles, 13 doubles Slam titles and $90+ million in prize money.  She will be fine.  

She will be fine, of course. But she’s come so close since her return but had so many weird incidents (the meltdown opposite Osaka, the turning of her ankle opposite Pliskova, etc.)

Happy that Bianca won, becoming the first Canadian woman in 50 years to win this tournament...........but this is definitely not how anyone wanted it to play out, especially Bianca who dreamed of this moment (playing at home against the greatest of all time in the finals).   If she can stay healthy, I think she's going to have a great career.  

Mugu takes the first set off of Keys (not anything to celebrate yet because it's Keys), but it will be interesting to see her game and attitude post Sumyk.