Toups

The Tennis Thread

7 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

It’s been consistently bad for a few years now.

But this year is even worse with the whole garbage of ESPN +.....they are omitting the better matches to show just a few......this is why tennis hasn't grown outside it's "big 4":rolleyes:

They made a big deal about Tsitsipas...which I loved yet they didn't show his match but instead showed some meaningless garbage match.

Edited by Soapsuds

Well, Nishioka is not even close to challenging a somewhat off Federer tonight. Had three chances to break but produced some mind-boggling errors. So sad to see what’s happened to him since that ACL injury.

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

She’s at #47 now. She was #9 as recently as January!

And 47 is not the lowest she could go, depending on other outcomes. 

Image result for wicked laugh gif

51 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

And 47 is not the lowest she could go, depending on other outcomes. 

Image result for wicked laugh gif

She was ranked 25 and dropped 22 spots with the first round loss. And yes she could fall even further...

I can only glance at matches online today, but Tsitsipas looks like he’s struggling in the heat.

I get that the USO has a bias towards American players, but Sock/Basilashvili is not a nighttime stadium-court match. It just isn’t. 

Edited by Faulkner

Just now, ChitHappens said:

As long as it's Queen doing the taking out, I'm good! Venus is, and will forever be, "the other Williams sister"!

Ha! They’re both legends in their own right.  I’m good either way, but I’d like Serena to remain in the hunt maybe a bit more.

Wow, Muguruza really fell apart last night after I went to bed. Qualifier Karolina Muchova came back to beat her in three. 

Edited by Faulkner