Toups

The Tennis Thread

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

Novak is up two sets to one now. Medvedev looks depleted, but still dangerous, and Novak is in a 0-30 hole in his first service game in the 4th set.

I'm with PCB because had Kei's ball gone out, it would have been a replay of the point due to hindrance!  Can't have it both ways.  The call wasn't bad, it's just not consistent!  

3 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

At least Serena was proven wrong...oh wait 😲

I thought at that instant he should've gotten defaulted with the ball kids right there and the racquet pieces flying all over the place. 

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Why did this fool have surgery? He should've sat out for 6 months a la Berdych. It's not like he is going to set the tour on fire. He has been a real disappointment. 

9 hours ago, Faulkner said:

He was wrong. He should've lost the point...that said I can't believe Kei escaped again.....ugh...hate him.....Just waiting for another injury of his to reappear...cause you know its going to happen....he should've lost in the first round and now has played three 5 set matches. I wonder if he even has anything left for Joker?? I can't stand either one but hope the Joker takes him down......

LOL. Just saw CoCo Vandeweghe and Mackenzie McDonald are the subjects of TC’s new season of My Tennis Life. (I swear Nicole Gibbs, Sam Groth, Lucie Safarova, and Jared Donaldson were all jinxed by it.) Tennis Channel must have a great ad sales team pimping it to sponsors, as I’m surprised it has enough viewership online to sustain it.

Not that it’s very interesting: they didn’t even cover Donaldson’s “The mark was Right! Here!” tantrum at Monte Carlo last year, which is the sort of juicy content an audience would watch for.

15 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

LOL. Just saw CoCo Vandeweghe and Mackenzie McDonald are the subjects of TC’s new season of My Tennis Life. (I swear Nicole Gibbs, Sam Groth, Lucie Safarova, and Jared Donaldson were all jinxed by it.) Tennis Channel must have a great ad sales team pimping it to sponsors, as I’m surprised it has enough viewership online to sustain it.

Not that it’s very interesting: they didn’t even cover Donaldson’s “The mark was Right! Here!” tantrum at Monte Carlo last year, which is the sort of juicy content an audience would watch for.

Same sentiments here too. The only star they really have had on it was Lucie. The rest of the players are rejects....LOL

Lawd....WTF is Tsitsipas doing? He should be up 2 sets to none. Why is he playing so passive and letting RBA control the point....ridiculous!

It's good that Tiafoe never really worked with the USTA because with the obvious racism in thought and practice, they would've f*ucked him up, the way they did Donald Young.  SMH.