Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He pretty much said nothing. He is afraid of Justin.

The following if pure bull from Wertheim....

The ATP is discussing his fate as we speak. There’s no whitewashing here, no Claude Rains nothing-to-see-here. There is, rather, a willingness to consider the possibility of a defense; the possibility for nuance; a respect for due process. In this cultural moment, when the Internet demands swift justice, insta-outrage and immediate “takes,” maybe tennis is exercising some compassion and caution. We can—and do—denounce violence and homophobia and bullying and entitlement.

There have been other tennis players who have not been shown compassion. I could name a lot but I won't. And has Wertheim forgotten the Anna K. story??

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

LOL, it kills me that we have to follow a British newspaper for a story on an American tennis figure, coach of the No. 1 American men’s tennis player and commentator on an American TV network, who was arrested on American soil, with American tennis players coming to his defense. Hilarious. However this shakes out, I’ve lost the remaining scrap of respect I had for tennis media.

Edited by Costello

• Members

Never ever cared for this bozo either. This is the same guy that chickened out of matches due to was it panic attacks? I didn't believe any of his stories when he would forfeit matches. He wasn't even at the actual confrontation....

The ATP council is full of Gimelstob trumpeters supporters...ridiculous....the council should only consist of retired tennis players and not current ones...John Isner being one is ridiculous....u know they aren't going to do anything to him and let him stay. This has become a joke. 

Losing respect for all of the tennis council....had this been anyone else this story would be front and center and the person would've already been banned.