• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Could never stand the guy. The grand slam championship is so misleading...it's in doubles...he sucked in singles....

I could see him doing what he is accused of....on Twitter he would automatically delete you if you disagreed with him on any topic. 

• Members

Tennis fans get treated almost as shabbily as soap fans.

DtQ38oKXgAA4DcZ.jpg

Now people will be forced to Tennis Channel, which let's be honest, isn't really having a great moment as a company right now.  Will Gimelstob be getting a salary from TC while he out facing assault charges?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I know people in the Caribbean and Latin America who got the same notice.  I think it's shut down for good, tbh.  They ceded to TC basically.  I don't subscribe to either (both are trash), so I'm not 100% certain.  

Speaking of Gimelstob, did anybody read this?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2018/11/30/tennis-supremo-justin-gimelstob-facing-explosive-assault-allegations/

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's very sad how the ATP and Tennis Channel are covering this up and aren't doing anything about it. I am sure if this were someone else they'd have already reported it and gotten rid of the person. 

I hadn't heard of this....just ridiculous but then again I could see Justin doing this....

The story also focused on a fourth incident, based on testimony from three witnesses, when Gimelstob allegedly put his hand on the throat of an opponent at a paddle-tennis tournament in Los Angeles last year.

I know there aren't many Sharapova fans here but that article pretty much says its all....when her drug test came in dirty....everyone was all over it...Tennis Channel reporting it and talking about it at length as well as ESPN. Shame on them for covering this up for this loser.

• Members

It would be bizarre if Gimelstob were still working there when the new season starts but then again, I think tennis is so tone-deaf, they're probably hoping that people forget in a month so that they can sweep this highly disturbing history under the rug. He's had so many instances of violent conflicts, I don't know how that's possible but they likely will try.