Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There was NO WAY my a*s*s was getting up to see Sacha and Novak play.  I did see some of the Coric/Federer match and Coric played pristine tennis, while Roger had quite a number of errors.  I hope that Borna plays with that level (at minimum) against Nolé because he's going to need it.  The last thing I want to see is a dropoff in quality and a romp in the final.

Looking at this graphic, all I see is slow, slow, slow, S-L-O-W.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Hahaha well I DVR the matches....I didn't wake up early either but caught the ending of Roger's match with Borna. The court speed at this tournament is ridiculous IMO....and TC keeps harping about how fast it is....its hard not to notice it since they say it ever 5 seconds...LOL

Not a Nole fan at all but glad he spanked Sasha......guess Lendl isn't helping much.....bwhahaha

• Members

Interesting. I thought folks were saying Shanghai was playing faster than normal. Quite a feat for Novak to win repeatedly and decisively on all speeds of court over the years.

Even I wasn’t getting up to watch Novak/Sascha, but that score line stunned me. Didn’t expect such a rout. I watched a replay, and Sascha’s attitude on court sucks. He’s just sullen and loses all confidence. Certainly Novak pummeled him, but that’s just disappointing to see. I don’t know how Lendl puts up with it, even after dealing with Andy.

Federer has lost just seven times this year, but it feels like more because he’s played so little. His form has been not that great since last fall really. Even his three titles (AO, Rotterdam, Stuttgart) felt scratchy. The second serve and his ability to defend it have dropped precipitously, particularly around Indian Wells. Kei wasted a lot of opportunities yesterday, but he probably wouldn’t have beaten Borna in today’s form.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

That’s really sad and unfortunate for him, especially with his renewed form after his wrist injuries. Sometimes sport can be cruel.

Isner and/or Nishikori will likely get into London. Still no status update on Rafa?

Novak is thinking about playing a tournament in addition to Paris and the WTFs. Clearly he’s in dominating form, but I hope he doesn’t get greedy and push his body too far. No. 1 isn’t worth it if you’re saving yourself for the biggest tournaments and trying to prolong a career.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

So it looks like Del Po is done for season meaning either Isner or Kei get the last spot unless Nadal somehow doesn't play too. Isner is playing this week and will have to do well to stay ahead of Kei. Kei has the next two weeks off until Paris where the final spot will be decided. 

When he didn't win the US Open in September I knew he was cooked. He has the easiest route to the finals and yet couldn't take out Novak. He continued to play while ill and his body telling him he needed rest..no one to blame but him considering he really didn't have much to play for since he had already qualified for year end ..