Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@ChitHappensI remember that match with Venus vs. Cornet at the French Open.  Carlos tried it and it was especially gratifying to see Venus intensify her focus and pummel Cornet for the rest of the match, lol.  

@Faulkner Osaka told a funny anecdote in her interview about an encounter she had with Djokovic just before the final.  Apparently he was working out or something and since Sascha is Croatian, and has been teaching her some Croatian, she decided to try out some on Novak but apparently Novak seemed confused by what she was trying to say.  Perhaps because he's Serbian, was what I was thinking.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Ha. I saw that in the post-match interview. Novak must have been thinking, “WTF?” She’s just endlessly amusing. She has this combination of goofy “no filter” awkwardness and maturity. (Her answers about how she handled Serena and the occasion were really sharp.) And she’s absolutely steely on a tennis court. I adore her.

Interesting. I wonder when the last time this happened in the ATP was (If ever):

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Found it - 2002-2003.

USO03-Roddick

W03-Federer

RG03-Ferrero

AO03-Agassi

USO02-Sampras

W02-Hewitt

RG02-Costa

AO02-Johansson 

For some reason, that doesn’t bother me much coming from someone who sounds as young and shy as she does. It’s certainly something she’ll need to work on as she ages. It won’t be so cute at 25.

• Members

I can see what you're saying.  Still, in my high school English class we had to give a series and speeches and the teacher would literally mark a person for every "filler" word (like, uhm, you know, etc.) they used during the course of the speech.  I would see him marking in his grade book everytime someone said one of those words and was determined that he would not be marking my grade down, lol.

That was my first year of high school honors English.

It has served me well because I avoid using those words when speaking.   I try not to write it in monologues unless I'm really trying to point out a sharp character trait.

She's not as bad as Capriati, though, who used filler incessantly and would often ramble almost incoherently at times.

Didn't the WTA decide to do media training at one point, in the past?

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

These two have been on a role and barely got warned in the QFs or 4th round...can't recall.....at Wimbledon the cameras would show it and no warning at all. It was so obvious that Tennis Channel had to mention it but brushed it aside....I wonder why....hmmmmm..........

• Members

Didn't Izzzzzzzzzner destroy a racket this tourney and it was not called out?  

It was hilarious how quickly they got Ramos out of dodge.  He didn't even get his recognition or award at the end 

I remember the match.  Vee reminded him that she's been at this a long time and has NEVER done that.  

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Yup...

.I mean come one....John all of sudden gets to the semis of a major....a QF at the US Open and wins a 1000 Masters in Miami.....you know he is being coached on court...he couldn't do this on his own. His record before this speaks volumes. 

I remember it as well and was shocked Vee got warned. 

• Members

Some of the people who were in the crowd during the final have been posting rebukes to people who are tweeting from home by saying that the booing was not for Serena, it was for the situation.  I had assumed that they were booing Carlos Ramos, tbh.  I think the president of the USTA, Kat Adams got a smattering of boos as well, which I've never seen happen.