Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Two matches in one day for a 38 year old told me all I needed to about how that match would turn out.   These tournaments need to construct a plan for how they will deal with climate change because these types of weather patterns are here to stay and they will continue to affect tournaments.

• Members

I'm on the fence here because in tennis this happens.  Baseball has doubleheaders and some of the same players have to get out there and give it all they have.  Because Venus is 38, it's going to be harder AND she has an injury.  Not sure the rules need to be changed here.  

• Members

I'm not talking just about Venus and tournaments' schedules.  Washington D.C. had the same issue.  Andy Murray was the most vocal (for obvious reasons) and was criticized for it but a bunch of players just decided to withdraw or lose quickly just so they could move onto the next tournament.  This included plenty of much younger players.

Montreal handled the rains much better than Washington but my point is, that we can expect tournaments to get backed up, especially those that don't have roofs and run on consecutive days. 

There were quite a few lower level tournaments this year and last year that were totally washed out due to chaotic weather events.  Everyone had better get used to this and have a plan in place for how to deal with it.  Also, I've heard from people who attend tournaments that they'd rather know in advance what the cut-off time for the last match is.  They don't want to be sitting around in the damp after 9pm wondering whether they're going to see tennis.

I didn't mean to connect the issue of Venus' health with all of this.  They are two separate issues but it all came out in one abbreviated stream of consciousness.