Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It’s not that difficult to get the facts right about a player’s history. (His ATP profile has the info. Wikipedia isn’t always correct, but it’s right there in the first paragraph of Frances’s entry.) In all likelihood, the announcer himself didn’t do the research, but still it’s unprofessional that it wasn’t caught. That was Frances’s first ATP title, so I can imagine he was touchy about it. 

Obviously, Frances didn’t sweat it, as he came out and won his match.

Meanwhile, Fognini and Shapovalov are battling verbally on the changeover. Wow.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

And really, it's the announcer's job.  Then again, tennis loves to use volunteers so I'm not sure if the announcer is being paid enough to care.

That was a good, mature match from Tiafoe.  Any number of things could've been his undoing in this match (playing a Canadian in his home tournament, rain delay, etc.) but he didn't let it get the best of him.  I hope he keeps going forward.

• Members

Another disappointment in Thiem....hopefully Tsitsipas will beat Novak....TC is already saying he is back...IMO he hasn't looked all that great in Canada. Lawd TC already has him as the favorite for the US Open.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Tiafoe played pretty well, except those two shocking TBs that cost him the match. Shot selection still can be iffy with him. 

Chanda Rubin has such a pleasant voice.

Venus and her knee. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Glad to see Tsitsipas beat Novak. Yes, Novak played like [!@#$%^&*]. I still don't know how he won Wimbledon. The hate for him on social media is big....LOL....Tennis fans are also hoping Tsitsipas tops Sasha....Sasha is not liked by tennis fans it appears...LOL.  With the win Tsitsipas moves up to #23 in the world. 

• Members

Novak did play well at Wimbledon. People can hate on him all they want. He still won his 13th slam.

I wonder if Tsitsipas learned anything from that match with Sascha in D.C.

I haven’t seen any Sabalenka matches recently so I was surprised to see a wild-haired (but still hot) Dmitry Tursunov as her coach.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Caroline Garcia trounced Sharapova, Khachanov beat Isner in straights after Isner suffered a point penalty after smashing a racquet, Svitolina sent Konta packing, Sabalenka pushed past Wozniacki, and Haase humbled Shapovalov.

With Djokerson beating Herbert/Mahut in dubs, it makes up for Novak losing early.