Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Men’s thoughts: Djokovic is a heel and it’s fun. Happy for him. Anderson has sexy abs. Both men’s semifinals matches were historic and I don’t think Wimbledon should adopt tiebreaker... it’s rare but fun when this happens. I was in a Dominican barber shop of all places during Anderson/Isner and people were transfixed by it. The six year old boy sitting next to me waiting for a haircut, who was absolutely hilarious and awesome, was shocked when I told him it had been going on six hours and was desperate to know if it would ever end. Good for the sport. 

Women’s thoughts: Kerber’s odds were underrated. Serena had an ideal draw and only Giorgi gave her any trouble until Kerber. Still, Serena in her prime gives Kerber much more of a run for her money. It just shows that Serena isn’t 100% yet. That she isn’t 100% yet and she made the finals is amazing, but people shouldn’t be so down on her. Idk. The media built her up too much. Kerber was always going to be a huge threat to her considering Kerber has beaten her in a GS final before. 

Edited by juppiter

• Members

The camera work in the men's final was awful....they cut to the wives a couple of times and the serve and return happened while the camera was on them...they showed Anderson's shoes and the dirt a couple of times while the serve went off.  It's like, OK he has blisters.  It's not like you're showing his actual feet, it's just his damn dirty shoes.  A couple of points from the side angle....like, LEAVE the camera from the back/end view and STAHHHHP it.  

• Members

This actually bothered me a lot in the final and other matches as well. Lots of missed serves because the camera was lingering elsewhere. ESPN did a very poor job this Wimbledon, and it wasn’t much better last year. It’s almost as if they didn’t value the actual sport being played.

• Members

ESPN was too busy trying to bamboozle people into paying more for their glitchy streaming service ESPN+.

Because the tournament was so lackluster this year, it didn't even bother me that ESPN was holding so many of their matches hostage on +.  I watched whatever was available on ESPN3, The Wimbledon Channel and their Spanish language streaming channel.  I refused to pay more for more crappy delivery.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

You're welcome. Too bad the Kastles don't have Venus or Martina Hingis playing for them tonight, they could use them badly. They're relying on Madison Brengle to carry the team.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

McHale was borderline useless in the MXD and WD sets.  She barely scraped the last point together to get women's doubles to salvage the set.

There's another match on, being livestreamed.

If you look to the right at the column under Up Next you'll see the other match--Orange County Breakers vs. Springfield Lasers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0k-4OnxYs8