Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was an awful match. Monfils wanted the roof closed but didn't get his wish. IMO I don't believe it would've been fair since others who played before him didn't get that treatment.

Playing in over 100 degrees is crazy. That said there were some good matches. Look at Thiem's great comeback and Delpo's win. Both matches were much better than the Joker/Monfils one.

And here we go again with Novak yelling at fans for whatever reason now. Now I know why I never cared for his game or him. I wish he and his fake heart love would have stayed off the tennis court.

• Members

It was hot when Hsieh and Muguruza played but it wasn't 103 degrees!

Chris Fowler of ESPN claimed that Djokovic was asked if he wanted the evening session and he declined.  I think that is Agassi's hand.  Years ago, Courier mentioned how Agassi relished playing in the heat because he thought he could torture his opponents and have an advantage over them in the meantime.

I did see Djokovic screaming at someone yesterday, I guess we should be grateful it's not ballkids this time.

I saw some of Thiem's match, when he was on the brink of being booted out.  Strange, some Thiem fans claimed they thought it was one of the worst matches they'd ever seen from him.

To me, the Hsieh/Mugurza match was the best of the tournament that I've seen so far.  Before anyone ever plays Garbiñe again, they should watch that match for tips on how to play her. 

• Members

I thought Thiem played a good first set and lost it by a point or two. He was being too impatient and not waiting for the right shot. He finally realized he had to move his opponent around and his opponent was barely holding on in the third set. I could tell he wanted to fall to the floor. Kudla also kept drinking water between points which I never saw Thiem do. Kudla had already played 4 matches going into the Thiem match. Thiem only had 1 match.

And Stan didn't look ready to come back. He looked in pain when out on the court.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Stan definitely should've sat this one out. No offense but I doubt he had a whole army of sponsors pressuring him to return. He better hope he didn't set back his recovery somehow.

Speaking of Stan-adjacent.  Donna Vekic also lost her match, right?  I heard she was complaining about a crying baby?  Supposedly the chair umpire said "I can't kick a baby out of here" (or something like that). 

Why was that baby in a heatwave??  The baby was probably crying out of misery from all that heat!

• Members

What is going on with that match? Halep served for it three times and couldn't close it out? I know she can be flaky, but...are they trying to outdo Isner/Mahut?

UPDATE: Halep finally closed it out but had to play the equivalent of two extra sets to do it. Not great for someone prone to injury.

Edited by Faulkner