Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought Nadal was going to win. I was surprised by the result. I am so sick of Roger winning. I can't believe no one can beat this 86 year old man.  Del Po should have beaten him in the semis. The next gen needs to step up in 2018 because I am sick of the same old Roger, Nadal, Murray and Nole.....enough!

• Members

@Hunk Chandler Massey You really thought Nadal would win?  The courts were so fast though. I think Federer excels on fast courts.

Nadal's hard court game has come a long way since his early days but he's still not as confident on fast courts as he is on the slightly slower ones and Shanghai looked much faster than the USO this year, in terms of speed.

• Members

I wasn't sure how fast those courts were. I don't recall if they mentioned it during the matches. It is becoming obvious to me that tournaments are speeding up the courts to favor Roger. The only one that wasn't speed up was Canada and US Open and he lost those and didn't even make the finals.

• Members

I must preface this to say that I'm not a Federer fan, I don't hate him but I'd love for other guys to come up and win big titles.  Having said this, I hate how slow some of the hardcourts were this season and the USO was one of them.  

When you have too many slower courts, you get lengthy grinding matches, which can be one of the factors that lead to injury (according to some tennis pundits there are other factors like the strings). 

Also, I don't ever want to see another 6 hour final like the one that Nadal and Djokovic had several years ago.

The men's tour is being decimated by injuries. If we want to see players actually fulfill their potential, having them grind themselves down to multiple surgeries and constant injuries is not a way to achieve this.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I think the calendar has something to do with it but I also think lack of surface diversity, and Renée Stubbs made an interesting point when she stated that she thought the texture and the way racquets are strung are leading to a lot of wrist, elbow and shoulder (even in rare cases, the back) injuries now.

I'm seeing quite a bit of wrist and elbow injuries, even on the WTA Tour, in the last two years. And with the wrist is seems like players are out multiple times.

On the women's tour, many of the players seems to be getting multiple surgeries at earlier and earlier ages. I was shocked to find out how many surgeries Madison Keys has had on the same wrist and she still had to withdraw from two tournaments in the past month and she's still in her early 20s!

I think I read somewhere that the ATP Tour planned to tackle the issue of injuries during their off-season (what there is of it) but honestly, it's also a problem on the Women's Tour too, although this has been camouflaged by some of the feel-good stories that happened this year in the WTA.

• Members

Looks he's trying to save himself for the Paris Masters and then the Year end Championships/WTF.

Something tells me that Nadal is none too anxious to play in Federer's hometown of Basel.  In fact, I can't remember the last time he played that tournament since he seems to routinely skip it.

• Members

I noticed that Grigor ended up holding several items for Juan Martin. I guess he's used to carrying around other people's stuff since he dated Sharapova and had to carry her bags.

I hate how slow the Singapore courts are.  They're like Rio Olympic Games slow! 

Please register in order to view this content

This tournament is definitely going to favor the Pushers like Svitolina and Wozniacki.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I am wondering why does Grigor sometimes kiss the guys after the match but sometimes doesn't? Fear factor?....LOL   Just love to see a Juan Martin and Grigor smooch.....LOL....A Grigor and Thiem.....LORD....I'd be on the floor......

Ha...the pushers....LMAO.....

I am already looking forward to the Aussie Open. I loathe the indoor season and rarely watch if any tennis. I have been watching very little so far.

Edited by Hunk Chandler Massey