Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Soapsuds I saw clips of the match between Edmund vs. Sock and all I can really remember is Jack sweating profusely, and seemingly not wanting to move much while Edmund looked unbothered, zipping around the court.

Sock relies too much on winning matches from cheap points on his serve. Well, Edmund et al, is what happens when a player starts to get returns on the serve. Where is the Plan B? Jack, whether weather, weight or some combination, didn't seem very mobile around the court. He seemed to aim to move around as little as humanly possible, electing to let balls simply go by him, down the line or away from him cross court.

• Members

I saw the match on ESPN3.

Please register in order to view this content

I hate it....LOL   All Jack did was hit his forehand the hardest he could or drop shot Edmund. I was glad Edmund won. Edmund now takes on hot head Ryan Harrison who should have lost two rounds ago. He was complaining about a car alarm going off even though he was up a break and close to going up two breaks. He lost that set....LOL. He won in 3 sets but should've lost. I think Edmund has a good chance of beating him today.

• Members

Atlanta is getting the final that I pretty much hoped would NOT happen ever since I saw the draw and knew it was a possibility.

The 60-90 seconds delay is really the only thing about ESPN3 that bothers me (I admit, that factor is a big turnoff!) but otherwise, I connect my laptop to my flatscreen when I want to watch on a bigger screen (although my laptop is a gaming laptop and already almost 20 inches).

The WTA is launching its own streaming service and I am considering subscribing to that down the road.

• Members

I can't stand watching Isner's matches.  He has a serve and that's it.  There was a smash in that match that he missed, and he was literally 8 feet from the net if that, was right there, and smashed the ball half way down the net. How on Earth does that happen when your head is 7 feet tall.  Raise your hand stretched upright, there's another 2 feet or more because of his size (probably much more) to your mid-palm where you hold your racquet.  Add on the length of the racquet to the sweet spot and there's another 22 to 24 inches, so say 2 more feet.  He's striking the ball overhead at 11 to 12 feet in the air - at 8 feet from the net  how on Earth do you hit it half way down the net.  And when you watch him, you feel like if the ball is 3 feet on either side of him, he's not going to get it.  And if he doesn't win the point on his serve/ace or one when his opponent just dings it back, there's like a 75% chance he's not going to win the point.   But then again, I never liked watching Sampras much either because I think it's boring tennis - but at least Pete could play. 

• Members

Not sure I want to pay for WTA matches.  That's just foul!

Turned to beIN the other day to catch the 1 or 2 WTA matches they might show leading up to US Open, but it was a piece on Andy Roddick followed by ATP matches.  I would love to have Steve Simon's head on a stick!

• Members

Yeah, Steve Simon has performed very badly as  CEO. 

Down the road means, I won't consider subscribing until the end of the year, if not next year. This new service will have to work out the glitches first (and I understand there are some). 

I've never subscribed to BeIN but I've heard that it is kind of up and down.

Tennis business needs to sort itself out!