Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The ratings for the Wimbledon final were bad. Worse than expected from the press....LOL. The final with Roger vs Cilic barely mustered a million viewers while the women's final got even less. Tennis is in bad shape. You'd think it was great the way TC pimps the big 4. The final between Roger and Federer in the Miami tourney got higher ratings than Wimbledon....now that's sad that a non major gets higher ratings than a major.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/news/Roger_Federer/45629/wimbledon-final-federercilic-tv-ratings-were-worse-than-expected/

I always like JCF game. He is adorable too. I doubt he will make the Hall of Fame even though he won a major and was #1. But let's get Andy [!@#$%^&*] Roddick in there with one major.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Congats to David Ferrer for picking up that tournament win. The career is not over until the player says it is.

OTOH, one player, in particular, will tell anybody who'll listen that he's playing strictly for the money. This interview just aired on Australian television.

Bernard Tomic on Sunday Night

• Members

Where to start...LOL...

First, let's be real the tourney David played wasn't filled with big names but that said he did win another tourney.

Bernard Tomic is a hot mess. He is a lost soul. It is sad what he said about paying customers going to matches and the part of him never really being happy. If doesn't love the sport then stop playing it. He contradicts himself at the end saying he loves the game but is stuck playing it. Makes no sense at all. I never thought his game was major champion quality material. He should look at Jordan Spieth. The Open championship was just thrilling to watch!

Btw....John Isner won Newport.....he hadn't won a tourney in 2 years. You would have thought he'd won Wimbledon the way Brett Haber was pimping his win to the hills. John Isner too ...did he think he won Wimbledon?

This is why golf is a ratings winner over tennis.....

Spieth(American)>Isner, Sock and the rest of the American rejects combined. 

Also Andrey Rublev won his first tourney....a minor won as a LL entry .....he is now #49 in the world......watch out for him!

Oh and where is Taylor Fritz.....#125 in the world....him not playing and going the Sasha Zverev route and training was not for him not matter what Tennis Channel says.  He has lost any momentum he has and hasn't done squat since his return. Another American who will probably amount to nothing on the tour. Where is the American Jordan Spieth version tennis player?  Where? Where?

• Members

Tomic is not new or original.  Too much focus is being placed on him.  How many people have their jobs because of the money?  Obviously, Papa Tomic pushed this kid into Tennis so Bernard will rebel but take the money.  I think folks should stop judging this kid and move the [!@#$%^&*] on!  

• Members

Not much money if he keeps losing 1st round...LOL. He needs money to pay for those three houses he owns. He was never a favorite player of mine. So if he stopped playing it wouldn't bother me the least. It does upset me that he doesn't give one damn about fans of tennis wasting their money on him. Though if I had tickets to Wimbledon he'd be the last person I'd see playing.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

That Philippoussis news is so disturbing on so many levels.

Turning to a different topic,

Novak Djokovic is done for the rest of the season.

Novak ends 2017 season due to elbow injury

Wonder whether we'll be getting news on Andy Murray soon?

Edited by DramatistDreamer