Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I feel for Thanasi. At least when DelPo went through his struggles, as depressed as he must have gotten, he had experienced the feeling of beating the world's best and winning a major. Thanasi was only just starting his professional career when he was beset by a cascade of injuries.

Hopefully Kokkinakis can find what works for his body, to keep it healthy.

Kokkinakis reveals his mental torture

• Members

I wish him well. He was my favorite of the next geners Aussie coming up. He has a good chance against Kei who lost today against Misha. He didn't look that good spraying balls everywhere and looking lost and frustrated as Chang watched.

• Members

Yeah, me too.  I happened to catch the end of both Thanasi and Nick's Junior careers and they both looked very promising, I liked Thanasi right away, he always struck me as a hard worker (maybe worked too hard?) so hopefully he can catch a break that will ignite his confidence.

I have to say that I hope this time around Thanasi can learn to maximize his serve, so he can win some points without having to grind out every single point like he used to (at least on faster surfaces). Nick has learned how to do this fairly quickly and it's yielded great results. From what I remember Kokkinakis had a pretty big serve when he wanted to.

I saw some parts of that Kei/Mischa match and Kei was making a lot of double faults.  I read somewhere a few days ago that he was having some wrist issues and observing his serve I could believe it.  Mischa, on the other hand, seemed to take inspiration from little brother's win in Rome and played his way to a final! 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Good question. Stan is so unpredictable, lmao! Mischa's movement was so impressive against Kei and Mischa's ball-striking 

Please register in order to view this content

, he was hitting or so close to those lines.

I honestly don't know.  Stan plays like sh*t all year but then he comes to the Slams and he's dangerous as hell!

If Stan plays like he just rolled out of bed, Mischa could get over on him.  

That has the potential to be a very entertaining match!

I just read that Milos was on antibiotics, not feeling well but he hasn't been much of a factor in the Slams this year. In smaller tournaments, he seems to put in respectable results. No one's talking about him lately.  Berdych also flies under the radar these days (with good reason).

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

LMAO both Ryan Harrison and Jack Sock gone in the first round.

Please register in order to view this content

No second round meeting....too much pimping of both as of late...just a slight mention of Sock's loss by his good buddy Justin Gimblestob.....LOLOLOLOL