• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's very cool actually! I knew that there was supposed to be a fourth friend who was still living in New York (which eventually became became Cassie), but was dropped since they didn't want to do dual action in Savannah / New York. I had no idea she was cast and even shot scenes.

2 hours ago, te. said:

That's very cool actually! I knew that there was supposed to be a fourth friend who was still living in New York (which eventually became became Cassie), but was dropped since they didn't want to do dual action in Savannah / New York. I had no idea she was cast and even shot scenes.

Savannah is on my list of shows to watch. Was Cassie mentioned in the first season or not? 

Did I hear SAVANNAH? 

I never knew there was a FOURTH character, but I could see it. Cool!!!

And Forever, you should watch. Peyton was one of the best primetime vixens. 

18 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Savannah is on my list of shows to watch. Was Cassie mentioned in the first season or not? 

I don't think so, but it's been a while since I watched.

6 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

I never knew there was a FOURTH character, but I could see it. Cool!!!

Well, Cassie was added in the second season so I guess they sort of retroactively added her back in.

7 minutes ago, te. said:

Well, Cassie was added in the second season so I guess they sort of retroactively added her back in.

OK, Thanks!!! 

6 minutes ago, te. said:

So much potential. 

One wonders if Savannah suffered from the same logistical problem as Twin Peaks, after the mystery of the first season was resolved there was less interest in the second season.  Unlike Dallas or Knots, the show was initially so focused on a single plot that it did not allow for viewers to engage in long term stories.  As I recall, the first season finale was great, but the second season was unable to sustain the hype (much like Dynasty after the Moldavian Massacre).

9 minutes ago, j swift said:

One wonders if Savannah suffered from the same logistical problem as Twin Peaks, after the mystery of the first season was resolved there was less interest in the second season.  Unlike Dallas or Knots, the show was initially so focused on a single plot that it did not allow for viewers to engage in long term stories.  As I recall, the first season finale was great, but the second season was unable to sustain the hype (much like Dynasty after the Moldavian Massacre).

The move + less tight writing (the stupid jewel plot comes to mind, plus I recall someone pointing out that Peyton went from actively plotting to overhearing plot points) + the fact that soaps repeated lousy and unlike Fox, the WB didn't have the money to order more than 22 episodes of their shows killed it.

• 2 weeks later...