DAYS: Friday

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love, love, loved John/Steve today. I'm glad there was some resolution to that, and the set-up on EJ, them being there to rescue him, John nearly shooting EJ (or at least setting off the trap) was a nice little parallel.

Today, Lucas was exactly what the EJami pushers have said. In the past, it's been fine by me. He is way over the line now. Why can't this character see some damn growth? He has the conversation with Kayla that should have helped bring this story to the next level. He sees EJ, and he can't see straight. The tension can still be there without him pushing Sami around. It's gone overboard, IMO. Like, Marlena and Roman's warnings to EJ worked. EJ's ridiculous to think the police would put him into the same safehouse. A safehouse is reasonable, but Sami and Lucas'? Come on now. That's asking for trouble. And that Sami wouldn't stand up to Lucas over his buttheadedness annoyed me really bad today. I'm glad she acknowledged that yes, EJ's done so many bad things, but she of all people knows what it's like to dwell on the past. She hasn't been quick to soften towards EJ, and she still doesn't trust him, really, but actiosn speak louder than words. Lucas needs a wake up call and ...like last week.

I want to see more of Roman and Marlena discussing impostor Tony!

• Members

OK I LOVED this episode overall generally but...

Why does this show insist on cheating us out of the emotional payoff? There should have been SOMETHING from EJ-John-Steve between the gun going off and them showing up at the pub. Some sort of conversation where EJ is shocked that they are the ones to help him and thanks them, and/or John and Steve say something like this still doesn't make up for all the rotten things you did and/or they sappily and unbelievably make up as if all is well. There just should have been SOMETHING. Even if it was just a look acknowledging the weirdness those characters should have with EJ. But nope. We got nothing. This show is always going from A to C without a stop at B. And why didn't they make the gun going off the end to their cliffhanger Friday? I would think that would be a logical place for the week to end.

Is Jeremy a human trafficker/running a prostitution ring? I am still confused about who that girl was. Because that is what I'm guessing after what we saw and those trunks and Chelsea's complaints about how Jeremy treats women. Oh and Jett is totally an undercover investigator I think after this episode too. Hmmmm.

I thought James Scott did a good job with the tied up, freaking out over the door opening looks, but Bart did such a halfass job of gagging him I wondered why EJ couldn't just spit out the gag. And I want to know who is responsible for that bastardized line from Hamlet as "Tony" was leaving EJ. Was it the writers or Thaao just screwing it up? If they are going to bother ripping off Shakespeare they could at least rip it off precisely. Ugh.

Lucas is such a big baby. Hello, Sami only slept with EJ to save your ungrateful worthless life. Yet all you can think about is your feelings and your insecurity about the possibility of EJ being the biological father to Sami's babies that you think were conceived as a result of that event. Sami's feelings aren't as important as his hatred/jealousy/insecurity over EJ. He's such a turd. I wish he would just leave town already. And could Sami and Lucas share just one kiss without making a slurp noise?

"If EJ raped you the way he raped Sami at gunpoint, do you think you could forgive him?"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr. This line just pisses me off. EJ didn't rape Sami at gunpoint. Or is this the show's whole point? It's going to be revealed once and for all that night didn't happen the way Sami is telling everyone it did? (please please please)

"They say that fathers live in sons, Tony" Interesting line from EJ to "Tony." Could just be a throw away line referring to the idea that "Tony" is not Stefano's son, but also got me thinking about what if EJ's father could wind up not being Stefano at all, but instead either John Black or Tony. I still wouldn't mind him being Tony and Anna's son.

I liked the conversation between Marlena and Sami. Sami was more realistic today in that she still isn't happy with what EJ did yet does realize and worry about what is happening to him as a result of him going against his family to protect her and the babies, she appreciates this and she does want to move on with her life. Also glad she is acknowledging the things she does to soothe Lucas's ego about EJ so maybe she doesn't really believe all that BS she spews about Lucas being her hero but is just saying that stuff to coddle him. I also liked the mature reactions of Marlena and Roman to what they think happening saying thanks for saving Sami's life but stay away from our daughter. Makes a lot more sense than the stupid punches and slaps.

Interesting wardrobe choices lately. The Bradys sure have been wearing a lot of black. John, Patch and Marlena were all wearing black. Bo has been wearing all black A LOT lately too and even hope was all in black the other day. And Sami was wearing black with red accents matching Roman and EJ. I wonder what was up with that weird red buckle on her dress. I guess it was an elephant (because she'll never forget?) but it kind of looked like a scarlet letter too. Anyway, I liked it, even if there was no meaning behind the outfit.

• Members

I think this is a solid theory, but what are they putting in those trunks, people? LOL. More likely drugs, guns- something that could be linked to a prostitution ring, I think. I agree that the set up is all there. In fact, I think we've surprisinly agree don everything on today's show LOL.

• Members

IMissAremid

I totally agree that they should have ended on the gunshot! That would have been a great Friday Cliffhanger. I was like WTH when John, Steve, and EJ just casually showed up at the pub. What a wasted opportunity!

I have been saying Human Trafficking since I the DiMera involvement was revealed! Jett is definitely undercover. I hope he's ISA!

• Members

But toward the end of the episode they had Max say... if I find out those are drugs or guns... specifically mentioning those possibilities which makes me think the cargo they are transporting is NOT either of those.

I know it's sick to think that someone would transport people in crates like that, but Hogan is sick and hates women so I could see him doing that and actually it's not as farfetched as it sounds. Plus a little research reveals that Israel, where Jeremy supposedly grew up, is actually a big human trafficking haven.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

• Members

Is the cargo hold pressurized? I didn't think a person could survive in a cargo hold and what about airsickness, bathroom call, etc. Putting human beings in crates and shipping them like that should be a crime within itself.

Jett simply has to be undercover to learn the power behind Jeremy's crooked business. He is such an interesting character...I hope he gets a decent part to play and stay around after this story.

I liked Stephanie and Chelsea's open and honest talk today. It was great how Steph threw back in Chelsea's face that her description of Jeremy fit her exactly also. It's good for Chelsea to remember that she has a lot of improving to do, too. Steph has heard enough to get her open to seeing Jeremy's faults now. I'm looking forward to the resolution of this story and moving on with hopefully more mature young people.

If the scene with the rescue of EJ happened as a cliffhanger, half of today's show would have never happened. I like the way it went and seeing the reactions at the Brady pub. BTW, what a goofy place to hide Sami out in as Tony definitely has been having the pub under surveillance.

Loved Kayla with baby Ciara. The little girl really took to her. She is a sweetie. I'm not keen on Kayla having a new baby. Frankly, I'm sick of baby stories for a spell.

The Brady pub scenes were all good. Great to see this many of our favorites on at one time. Roman is growing on me again.

• Members

I am probably alone in this thought here but I understand Lucas completely. If my husband had to deal with the fact I was raped and carrying said rapists baby's(because that is what he is lead to believe) than he would be losing it on EJ a hell of alot more than Lucas is. I can't even imagine him being in the same room as the man without trying to kill him. And the same would go for me as well. If the situation was reversed and I had to deal with my husband and some woman I would be livid as well.

I think the fact that Lucas keeps reassuring Sami about the babies is amazing. I don't understand all the Lucas bashing at all. But I think that's what the writers want. Because eventually they will put Sami with EJ.

• Members

I certainly hope so....but the babies could turn out to be Lucas' and Sami would never leave Lucas if these are his babies.

The reason is that Sami lied about being raped by gunpoint same as she lied about saving Lucas by herself. She is always trapped in lies. This will be coming forth I believe, so everyone will know the truth. However, my father, my husband and my whole family would want to kill a man who raped me, or make him think they were, if I didn't make him think it myself. This is ludicrous how Sami and her family are treating EJ if there was truly a rape involved.

• Members

I think it's quite possible Jeremy is into white slavery and it's girls he's transporting in those trunks. The sad look that girl gave to Max as she was leaving Bo and Hope's house was heartbreaking. And I think Jeremy's statement to her specifically saying to go to the car and get into the passenger seat had some hidden meaning. It's also looking almost certain that Jett is undercover. He was clearly trying to fish for info from Chelsea. I have a feeling that Steph and Chelsea, by trying to find out more about Danielle, may get in over their heads and find themselves in huge trouble.

More stupidity from Lucas. I wish Sami would quit playing doormat for him and stand up to the little nitwit. What was the point to the conversation with Kayla, if it wasn't to give some much needed growth to Lucas's character? Unless maybe it was to remind us that in soap-land rapists can be and often are redeemed...and Kayla's rape was much more violent than EJ's coercion of Sami WITH NO GUN IN SIGHT! Loved Sami mouthing the "thank you" to EJ when Lucas's back was turned and EJ's little wink.

Tony/Andre is sooooo bad. His last line gave me chills.

• Members

I don't know anything about cargo hold pressurization but putting human beings in crates and shipping them is a crime within itself. It's called human trafficking. ;)

Sorry but I don't see it as AMAZING that if Lucas actually believes Sami that she was raped that he would not totally support her and the babies who had nothing to do with how they were conceived. Lucas's actions would make a lot more sense if he didn't believe Sami's story about the rape (and he definitely has A LOT of reasons to doubt it), but Lucas isn't shown questioning Sami's version of events but blindly believing her. So when he is doing all that complaining about something that he apparently should believe that isn't Sami's fault and when he is claiming he loves her then he just looks like a hugely selfish, insecure douchebag. If Lucas really believes that Sami slept with EJ to save his life then he should LOVE those babies that were created as a result of that event without reservation because they would be a living symbol of her love, devotion and sacrifice for him. THAT IS WHY I HATE LUCAS. He's so ungrateful for what Sami did for him.

And if they eventually put Sami with EJ then good. Hogan never should have kept Sami and EJ apart just so he could rush Lumi back together in the first place.

Archived