Days:SOW Spoilers

• Members

Main story - Tony is actually Andre

Week of July 16

Chelsea and Jett come close to a kiss.

Roman discovers EJ is the spitting image of Santo.

Phillip seeks Bo's help after receiving a disturbing call.

Another chapter of Santo and Colleen's past is revealed.

Dr Rolf delivers a surprise to Sami and Lucas.

Nick is shocked by the results of Sami's paternity test.

Can't Miss - Thurs July 19 - Stefano challenges Grandpa Shawn to admit to Colleen's murder.

Week of July 23

The real Tony reunites with Anna.

Nick decides it's time to get married.

Shawn and Belle discuss their future.

MISS: S'cuse me while I dis Days' Sky (re: the "Touch the Sky" stuff)

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=94409

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is a really good show right now with some minor spots to place mental blocks and skip over....such as 57 year old Shawn Sr. and Stefano and Tony being absent since 1985 (oh that was a heartbreaker....I was so sad when he disappeared in the fog calling Anna.) Actually, I don't consider the encounter between EJ and Sami an actual rape at all. It was a business deal and one Sami agreed to in order to get what she wanted. To me it is sad to compare that to actual rape. I know some call rape just looking at one the wrong way to the ones who are killed trying to protect themselves. To me, it's real only when force is used because people are given minds to decipher their options and how to take the upper hand. Also, women in this day and time should all know some measure of effective self-defense, carry pepper spray, etc. Then, report to the law when an actual attempt has been made. Sami didn't even file charges and even allowed him in her home, with her child present and anyplace at all he wanted to be around her and she even talked to him. Amazing. Simply amazing.

• Members

There are many different forms of rape. She slept with him under duress with a gun pointed at her. Not exactly consentual. But charges would've been very difficult unless she came forward then. And she chose not to. I'm not sure why, now that he's admitted to the rape, they don't file charges. Then again, his word against Lumi. Still hard to prove.

There was a time when nobody believed in spousal rape either. Remember Jack and Kayla?

I don't like that they never had her get therapy. I don't like the message that solving the vendetta is more important than prosecuting a rapist.

• Members

Boy, I never knew that there were so many different perceptions of rape or not rape. We all are entitled to our opinion of what it was and we will never agree but that is ok - that is what makes us all unique, but I am getting tired of beating this dead horse. The writers will do what they want and call it what they want no matter how we all feel - one way or the other. I believe she was raped, no there wasn't a gun actually pointed at her head, but there was a gun present and none of us can ever know what would have happened if Sami had tried to leave. I do love hearing all the different thoughts and opinions whether I agree or not. Sometimes I think we all over analyze the show instead of just enjoying it (or not!)

• Members

But with Jack, his whole life was crashing around him. He had his psycho father to deal with and the fact that his wife was in love with his brother. Jack was out of his mind and heading towards rock bottom. EJ was treating the whole town like they were pieces on his chess board and was completely calm when he raped Sami.

• Members

At the end of the day, the HW was just very insensitive about rape

and screwed up the storyline. It should have been written as a

"business deal" with no force at gunpoint involved.

It's a shame because EJ and Sami have the best chemistry on the show.

Now what they have is a mess that they can't get out of. They may have

intended for this to cause controversy and spike ratings, but it's not the

right type of controversy when it offends mainstream women viewers.

• Members

I think Jett and Chelsea have great chemistry, but at

a time when the show is pulling 1.8, I don't think this is

the time for a story that drives away African American female viewers

who probably (a) aren't enjoying watching Jett call plain looking Chelsea "cutest hottie he's ever seen"

and (B) watching his "black" fiance portrayed as a cheating shrew who doesn't deserve a man.

Gay viewers, black viewers, latinos are extremely sensitive to these type of things because it's not

like they have a lot of characters that represent them. There's only one or two, so Danielle is a total mistake.

Just like the EJ/Sami rape story, the HW is totally vapid as to who watches soaps.

If you're going to do an interracial story, then it has to be handled in such a way that

it doesn't potentially drive off hundreds of thousands of viewers. It's the way these issues are

being dealt with, not the actual storylines, that I think the HW is really screwing up.

EJ and Sami's rape should have been written more "shadowy" with no gun involved

and more like a "business agreement". That way, they could fall in love without offending

women viewers that it's OK to fall in love with your rapist.

• Members

The gun wasn't actually pointed at her. It was somewhere in the car. But that's neither here nor there really just wanted to point out that he didn't have a gun pressed to her head when he proposed having sex with her to save Lucas. Sami was under duress no doubt about that. She didn't want to have sex with him but she did agree to have sex with him to save Lucas so it was consensual. She had a choice and she made it. She complied to his offer. It's a messy storyline. I really don't think it was rape. She didn't want to have sex with EJ but she knew the only way to save Lucas was to sleep with him.

Archived