DAYS: ****** motivation for murder - Speculation

• Members

I remember Andre as the Salem Slasher, but I had forgotten about his extreme jealousy of Tony and his extreme love for Stefano. In my opinion, the man in this clip (Andre) very much resembles the E.J.-hating "Tony" we're seeing today.

Also, there is a mention of Stefano having other children. Yikes!

Stefano Lectures Andre, 1984

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n8hKx8-p5ao

ANDRE

You wanted to see me?

STEFANO

I did. Delia has told me how careless you’ve been. How you returned from Paris drunk on champagne, making mistake after mistake about your cousin’s past.

ANDRE

Well, I realize I was a little out of control.

STEFANO

Out of control?! You were like a babbling idiot, you fool! What’s going on down there? Is the pressure too much for you?

ANDRE

No, no, I haven’t any pressure. Well, a little bit. But I’m taking complete control of it now.

STEFANO

Well, I suggest that you do that. I also suggest that you keep your head out of the clouds about this Anna and concentrate on your job. REMEMBER who you are!

ANDRE

Who I am?! How can I forget that?!

STEFANO

Now, I want to hear what you told Liz Chandler to make her become so suspicious.

ANDRE

Well, I don’t think I said anything to her. Well, at least I covered it.

STEFANO

That’s not good enough. You’re supposed to have spent a year in Europe with that woman. She must have mentioned people, places . . .

ANDRE

Yes, she did. But, as I said, I covered. Then I had a nice chat with my cousin, and he informed me about the year I spent with Liz in Europe.

STEFANO

How do you know he wasn’t lying?

ANDRE

He wasn’t lying.

STEFANO

I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all! These memory lapses of yours have become too frequent. If the pressure has become too much, just tell me and I will think in terms of altering the plan.

ANDRE

What do you expect me from me, huh? Of course I’m under a great deal of pressure! Tony knows a lot of people. But I’ve done an incredible amount of homework. Now, I can’t know every minute detail of everybody’s lives.

STEFANO

You’ll forgive me if I don’t offer you a drink, but I think you’ve had enough already for one day.

ANDRE

Well, listen, why don’t I just kill Roman Brady so we can get done with it, huh? Just speed things along?

STEFANO

What makes you think that that would satisfy me? You know the plan!

ANDRE

Yes!

STEFANO

It is to be taken care of in public for the whole world to see.

ANDRE

Yes, yes, I know. But it’s become more dangerous. You’ve heard them – Roman Brady’s brother, Eugene, Abe Carver. They’re all taking those little clues and realizing that it’s Tony DiMera and myself who are doing all these killings.

STEFANO

So I’ve heard.

ANDRE

Well, what . . . what if the concert comes too late? What if they zero in on me before I can kill him publicly?

STEFANO

But they will zero in on you. That’s part of the plan. It has to be timed perfectly.

ANDRE

Well, I don’t like it.

STEFANO

It is not up to you to like it! . . . You’re not frightened at this late date, are you, Andre?

ANDRE

Don’t call me a coward. Don’t you say that I am frightened. I have done an incredible job for you! I’ve done my homework, and I’ve proven myself! I just want this over!

STEFANO

That’s one of the reasons that you were chosen – because of your brilliance.

ANDRE

Well, thank you for that magnanimous act. But, Stefano, I’ve had great pain all my life. I want this over.

STEFANO

It’ll be over. It’ll be over very soon now. And another reason you were chosen is because you endure pain so well.

ANDRE

Well, I’m tired of it. I don’t want to endure it any longer.

STEFANO

Andre, are you saying that you want out?

ANDRE

Stefano, of course I don’t want out. And you know it’s impossible at this stage of The Game anyway.

STEFANO

Yes, it is. I just want to make sure that you are able to keep this impersonation up until as long as necessary.

ANDRE

I thought I made myself clear. Of course I want to keep this impersonation, as you call it. I am Tony DiMera now. The city knows me as Tony DiMera. I want to live here.

STEFANO

So you’ve told me.

ANDRE

Stefano, I know we had a plan . . . that I would come here, do the job, leave, change my identity.

STEFANO

Yes. Tell me something, Andre. Why did you agree to this plan in the first place?

ANDRE

How could you ask me such a question? I did it for you. I did it because . . . because I wanted you to accept me, I wanted you to love me.

STEFANO

I understand.

ANDRE

No, you don’t understand. I realize that now. You never had a heart, and you never will. You know, when I was growing up in that slum in London, I used to hear great stories about my . . . my uncle, the great Stefano DiMera. I used to dream about you as a kid. I used to think to myself, one of these days he’s gonna come by and take me out of this hell. And when my parents died, I thought my dream had come true.

STEFANO

I did take you in, Andre.

ANDRE

Yes, you did. But, then, of course, you had your beloved Tony. Hmm? And then the rest of your children that treated me like I was a servant. The best of all, Tony was. You let him treat me like dirt!

STEFANO

That was not intentional. I was not aware of that.

ANDRE

No, maybe not. But who was the person who used to take you in his arms when you were crying because Daphne took your son away, your precious Tony away from you, huh?

STEFANO

I don’t want to talk about it.

ANDRE

No, you don’t want to talk about it. I want to talk about it. You didn’t realize, I worshiped you. And then I thought to myself, well, now that Tony’s gone to Australia, perhaps you’ll look at me.

STEFANO

I treated you very well, Andre.

ANDRE

You threw me bones! And then I was foolish enough to believe that when you found out that Tony was not your son – that he was a bastard, for heaven’s sake – I thought finally you’d look at me, that you’d turn to me!

STEFANO

I have turned to you. You are here, are you not?

ANDRE

I am here to be used. Now, maybe I will not get the love or the acceptance you’ve given Tony, but I’ll get everything else he possesses.

STEFANO

Yes, you will. That’s another reason that you were chosen – because of your great capacity for hatred. And your greed.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This posted seemed like speculation, but now that it has been moved to the spoiler section (and that the title of the thread, mentioning Andre, is visible from the main board to anyone who may glance at the most recent spoiler thread), it has been confirmed.

• Members

I wasn't trying to post a spoiler but wasn't sure if the content of my post contained spoiler info (now it appears TV Guide has confirmed it). So, to clarify, the motivation for murder is not the speculation. Andre murdered people for Stefano back in 1984. This post was to highlight his motives -- extreme jealousy of Tony and a deep devotion and love for Stefano. I had forgotten all about that. I think it fits with the "Tony" we're seeing now.

I posted this in the spoiler section in case there is anyone who hasn't wondered if (and hasn't seen the rumors/spoilers that) the newly arrived Tony is really Andre, but I forgot about the visibility of the thread title. Thanks to whoever covered that up.

So, just to clarify again, this "motivation for murder" is not a spoiler or anything. It's talking about the past and attempting to connect it with what we're seeing now.

IF this is Andre, however, it'll be interesting to see Stefano's reaction (if he doesn't know). After Andre made his fatal error and killed Renee, Stefano planned to use him to conclude The Game and kill Roman . . . but then Stefano planned for his daughter's murderer to be killed as well. If this is Andre, Stefano and Tony will both want him dead. (And maybe his death will "take" this time.)

Archived