OLTL Discussion: Week of July 2nd

• Members
Welcome_to_Llanview.jpg

Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of July 2nd, 2007. It looks like an exciting week ahead. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place.

So let the discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live begin...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To tell the truth I haven't been this much interested in a episode of OLTL since Todd's execution. Okay maybe not, the bomb episode was pretty good also, but I digress. I'm liking how they're devoting alot of time to the Viki/David, Clint/Nora/Dorian scenes today. Viki and David scenes are the best.

What does everyone think about the new Sarah?

• Members

I like Sarah, but the only thing I am watching for right now is Viki and David. They make the sun shine and nothing else on this show is good. I did like Nora's comments today, she was funny pushing Dorian's buttons. Friday Viki and David pushed her buttons, it is about time Viki fought back since she has been such a loser on the losing end for years now. Too bad Tuc isn't back fulltime. But in the meantime I am invested in Viki and David, the only thing to watch for now, IMO.

Has the new head writer mentioned anything about Viki story and if she is getting a love interest? Higley lied all the time, so who knows what will come of it this time.

Did anyone notice Erika Slezak's nod to her father Walter? The Cary Grant movie Viki and David were watching started her father, I thought that was cute, and no way did Higley write that, she wouldn't even have known Cary Grant.

• Members

Nora cracked me up today with the 'Viki Vickers' comment! Bwahahaha! Good stuff.

David and Viki continue to entertain and remind me why I love soaps!

Go Miles! I hate that he is being sacrificed on the altar of the boring airhogs John and Marty. I am rooting for evil Miles. HA!

It's been nice to see Viki, David, Dorian, Nora, and Lindsay. I want to see RJ next please.

But enough about friggin' Jen Rappaport. She was annoying and minor. Stop talking about her!!

I really dig the natural friendship between Cris and Blair. They are adorable friends.

• Members

It's the first time in a while I've seen it in real time. I really enjoyed most of today, all the scenes you mentioned, plus I have to mention Nora again (she was so f&&king cute!), but as Jay said:

I've often thought they throw John in with proven quantities like Viki, David, Dorian etc., and just in case the ratings are good they can credit it to John's presence. Hey Marty, you've been wearing that same outfit for days! As STING once said, Don't stand so close to me! but it's okay, someone like John shouldn't notice that :P

As for new Sarah? She's growing on me. I liked Shanelle W. as Sarah and wished she'd come back (minus the singng) This new little one looks and sounds a bit like her (with a dye job, of course). I hope she stays.

And I kind of liked that cop guy too.

• Members

I am totally loving the Viki and David stuff and really don't want to see it come to an end. It's been very nice to see Viki laugh and have a little bit of fun, don't care if its at Dorian's expense. She deserves everything that those two dish out.

Loved Clint telling her that they needed some time apart, to bad it won't be for good. Nora was just hysterical in the background. I think I had more fun watching and listening to her today then watching Clint and Dorian.

It was SO nice to see Michael and Marcie, they are very cute and I adore them as a couple. I do however wish they'd come clean with the secrets they are keeping from each other.

Felt bad for Miles today because I really think he is a really good guy.

Can't stand anything John and Marty.

Bring on more Viki and David, please.

• Members

I enjoyed Marcie and Michael, though I dread what's going to happen with them. I'm getting tired of the Jen mentions though (even though I like how they remembered her and the improtance that she had on Lindsay, Marcie and Rex), it's too much and it seems to be too late. I hope Marcie gets another friend like that, I liked the friendship towards the end.

Is there anyway to redeem Miles? It's upsetting how they can destroy this character already, he had potential in the beginning... then the blackmailing, Marty obession, and the Cole thing (I can care less about Todd's kidnapping) is just continuingly making him look horrible for no real reason other than being associated with Spencer.

• Members

I loved yesterday's show except for the John and Marty stuff. ( I was bored watching them,but I stuck it out)

Loved the Viki and David scenes, they were a hoot

Nora and Clint were terrific, Nora cracked me up when she realized Viki's name if she married David

Michael and Marcie were so great together, I love seeing the only truly happily married couple in bed together. talking, etc... I do agree with one of the other posters that I wish they would come clean with their secrets already. I hate them lying to each other even if they really are doing it to protect each other and their family.

I liked Sarah, I look forward to more of her and seeing her interact with more characters

Blair and Cris have a great vibe,,, I wish they would have tried to pair them up

I enjoy Rex in these types of scenes and stories so much more than with Adrianna

• Members

I think the can. He is kind of a simpleton and he doesn't come off as malicious to me, He comes off as a naive person who thinks what he is doing is a good thing. They have redeemed much worse IMO. I like Miles a lot and want to keep him

Archived