ATWT: Casting News

• Members

http://p082.ezboard.com/fforbiddenfrm20.sh...picID=648.topic

From the July 10 issue of Soap Opera Digest:

ATWT's Elena Goode is leaving the show. "It was either now or in a year, when my contract was up, so I'm fine," assured Goode at an Emmy party. "They were never really sure what to do with the character, which also made it difficult for me." While the actress is considering a move to L.A., there are also rumors that she might be meeting with OLTL. Her final air date has not been released, but she should be off-screen by the end of July.

I am really upset by this news, she should have been given a real storyline instead of just being a prop to Will and Gwen for over a year :angry: There were alot of possibilities with the character but instead lets just have her chase after Will for the whole time she was with the show.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh god! I'm gutted! Jade was one of my favorites and I thought there was so much potential there. Why did they waste her with Will and Gwen? What about her being ROSE'S daughter? Luke's friend? Love interest for Aaron or Dusty or Paul or Dallas or Elwood? So much potential wasted.

Now I'm sure they'll make her evil and run her out of town. Then Gwen, Maddie and Will won't have anyone to call them on their bullshit. Ugh! So annoyed by this!

• Members

I haven't enjoyed Jade but that was through no fault of Elena's. I really think there was a lot of potential if they had just moved her into a different story. It was the writing that was all wrong. I was really hoping they would try her with Aaron and mover her away from Gwen and Will. If they hadn't had her so obsessed with them I think she could have been a really interesting character. The writers blew it big time with this character!

• Members

Terrible news. Elena and the audience deserved better. Now ATWT has no actors of color. Dallas is invisible so he doesn't count. I hope that Jennifer Landon is still the star when ATWT is canceled. I have never seen a show so determined to write itself out of existence like ATWT. Goutman and JP are the worse of the worse.

• Members

Beyond shocked. This is without a doubt the worst release I've seen on ATWT in a while.

So much potential....gone. A year on the soap and for what? To be the foil to Gwen and Will? Please that worked in the beginning but it became stupid and repetitive. NO ONE in their right mind would obsess about someone for THAT long. How about a Dallas/Jade/Casey triangle? Or exploring her and Luke more. Or even getting her involved with Lucinda. ANYTHING!?

Just ridiculous. I would start a campaign because I truly think Jade is worth it (A future Oakdale Diva in the making for goodness' sakes) but I just don't know if I have the time or how to go about it to be honest.

The lack of diversity on the show is really sad. ATWT could be so much better if it would just branch out even a LITTLE.

Seriously pissed off...

• Members

This is a major disappointment for me. I was always left hoping that JPiss would write Jade as the lovable b*** of Oakdale. Ugh. I hope Goode pops up somehwere else on daytime, she's a very talented actress.

:( I'm gonna miss Luke and Jade's friendship, it was one of a kind.

On the bright side, YAY I can cast Goode on my blog as Olivia Spencer's real long lost daughter ;) .

• Members

Jade was so much more than a prop, at least she could have been given the opportunity! She was Rose's daughter for crying out loud, we loved Rose for the most part and the story has been wasted!! I met Elena...AND OMG!! I am in love, I hope another soap snatches her up because she is that good!

Archived