OLTL: For the week of 6/11

• Members
I liked the way the DAYS/Y&R thread was done, so I decided to do one here.

Welcome to the OLTL Thread for the week of June 11th-15th.

This week, Todd returns. On Monday ( today's show), Cole questions Miles about his motives regarding Todd and Marty's past. Here is a photo and video from 2004 when Marty came back to Llanview to testify on Todd's behalf at his trial for Blair's rape.
marty.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTwmKHtv16o

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love the new banner Jay! LOL.

I turned on OLTL today for the first time in weeks. Watched the first 10 minutes. I was surprised but delighted to have seen Nora, Renee and Dorian all in the episode. And Clint for that matter if we are talking vets. Hillary B. Smith looks fabtastic with that longer hair! She is as beautiful as ever.

Cole is so hot. *end shallow moment*

Faux Marty continues to annoy the hell out of me!

• Members

Thanks Adam. I loved OLTL today. I realized that John is SO much better without Natalie and it was noticable in his scenes with Dorian. Marty still sucks and I hope to god that the rumors of Susan Haskell coming back are true. She and Thorsten just brought a house in NY so I am hopeful. I almost turned off the TV when I saw Spencer, because of the way Dena made him take over the show, but she's not here anymore :lol:, so I watched Spencer with a smile. Nora, great as always and it was good to see Nigel. How many want to bet that Asa dies because his cover is blown over paying David?

• Members

I don't know why are you so much against Christina Chambers. I loved her in "Sunset Beach," and I love her in OLTL. But I haven't seen the original actress that played Marty, so I can't compare them. But I think Chambers is doing a good job here. However, her character is getting dumber by the minute.

• Members

If you are talking to me, I believe that this is the first time I have ever commented on the character of Marty. I am not against her, I just do not believe that CC is the Marty -type of actress. Every time Christina Chambers utters the word rape, it's like she's talking about any old kind of normal thing. When Susan played it out, it was very serious. Watch tomorrow and see what I mean. Of course, I should be blaming the writers for the lines, but Christina just isn't delivering. And this is actually One Life To Live, not Sunset Beach, in case you haven't noticed. :)

• Members

No, I wasn't commenting on your post, but thanks for the thought. Like I said, I haven't seen Susan playing the role, but Chambers seems OK. And yes, I know this isn't SUNSET BEACH. The stories on SUNSET BEACH were much more interesting than some of the stories Dena did lately. I hope Ron will do this better.

• Members

I must admit, she is much more believable. Was Haskell asked to return as Marty and she refused, or did they just choose Chambers?

By the way, I love the signature... but there are two more ladies I'd add to that----Dena Higley & Lynn Marie Latham.

• Members

As much as I'd love to chat about how these writers (I'm mostly mad at LML) are ruining my favorite soaps, we should get back to the theme of the topic...

Was Dena still the HW when they wrote/shot the 10,000 episode, or was Ron on duty?

• Members

According to sources, Ron is completely responsible for this. Some fans were upset and trashing him because of it. Ron only came up with this after Phil Carey left and he is not responsible for Phil Carey leaving. Ron's work should be debuting in the next month to 2 which, if it is 1 works out fine, because this storyline is set to debut in August. Ron who is close with Valentini, pitched the idea of bringing back, James, Tonja, and Dan. One can only hope that Ron set this up to bring them back full term. Ron is also a friend of James Depaiva, which leads me to believe it even more

• Members

I can say this with almost 100 percent assurance. Frank did not like Dena, but he could not correct her because Frons doesn't like his EP's to intervine if the ratings are good. Apparently ratings were good in Frons' eyes. Robin Strasser said on her hotline that comes Septemeber we are going to finally see a tight EP-HW realationship which is how it should be, so this is definetly a good thing.

Archived