THANKSGIVING IS COMING!

KLN

• Members

Let's dish.

What do you usually do for thanksgiving? Have dinner with your own family, with the spouse's family? Or are you like me and go fifteen different places to eat before the day's over? Or, perhaps, your family goes OUT to eat on Thanksgiving?

Ahh, the holidays are fast approaching, and I can't wait.

And while we're at it, what's your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Maybe we could even post unique recipes, LoL

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm like you Kenny... :)

I eat at my Mom's house, then Gran, then Nana, and later that night I go to a friends house late at night and we munch on leftovers and kick off the Holiday season eating and watching Rudolph.

My fave dishes are Broccoli Casserole & Earthquake Cake

• Members

german chocolate cake mix, flake coconut, cream cheese, pecans, walnuts, cherries all swirled into a cake.

But the trick to the cake is half way through baking you have to shake the cake to make it fall. after it falls it gets gooey and chewy around the edges.

of course! I always spend the night at Mom's and she wakes me up right before it comes on. the smells of dinner and watching the parade makes me all nostalgic.

• Members

Damn, that cake sounds scrumptious, LoL.

And isn't the parade ALL about nostalgia? Seriously. I'm such a sap when it comes to holidays. Hell, I could cry during Halloween if I just thought hard enough about it and memories I have of previous Halloweens, LoL.

• Members

I think this year I'm going to try to make it myself. I've never done it before so it should be interesting. We usually go to my moms but I really can't stand her husband so that's out. I loooooooove stuffing. Can't get enough. I keep seeing commercials and it's making hungry for it already. Well that and I'm about 2 1/2 moths pregnant. Wish me luck with my dinner!!! :D

• Members

I make it a point to catch all the Charlie Brown Specials during the fall! I love ABC for running them every year, I used to even catch them when they were on CBS.

My favorite holiday dish is Chocolate Delight. The best ever.

• Members

I like to watch Charlie Brown too. This year I finally bought the box set of Charlie Brown. It contains the Thanksgiving, Halloween and Two Christmas eppys. The Thanksgiving one and the Halloween one have a extra bonus eppy. I still need to get the Valentines, Easter and New Years ones. :)

• Members

They have everything to be thankful for, more than anyone in the world right now. They lost so many material things and some had the misfortune to lose things of far more importance, but those who have their lives and their health? How can they not be thankful?'

Ah, this society and their material things. With the pain that comes with human tragedy, the important things are almost always truly realized.

Archived