Higley fired? Was Kay supposed to be at AMC? Primtime producer to Y&R?

• Members

I dont know what the hell all the videos are but if you go down, you will be Daytime news. The news included are as follows. Higley fired from OLTL; Vanessa Taylor joining Y&R to help out LML;Kay Alden will be the new head writer of AMC; The Nurses Ball returns to GH this summer; Nick is dead on Y&R; Cady McClain returns to ATWT; Ridge is arrested for Shane's murder on B&B; Stefano returns to DOOL ANTM Cancelled! Tyra Banks Calls It Quits! Vanessa Taylor is a Primetime supervisor and writer who has produced as well as written episodes for "Jack and Bobby", "Alias", "Giedons crossing", and " Everwood". Why the hell would this woman come to Y&R? Regarding Higley, this comes days after Ryan's article was written regarding changes in ABC daytime. I was just at Soapcentral and a member reported that Higley was fired on Friday Afternoon and Ron Carlivati is the new Head Writer.

Was Kay dismissed at the last minute? I find it hard to believe that she was not the ideal choice to be HW.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kay Alden - I think she pretty much confirmed that the ABC soap she was most interested in is AMC. I don't think thats a debate, but Brian Frons couldn't hire a genuinely good writer. I'm pretty sure her show would've been heavy on the vets and traditional while soaps seem to be going for different and experimental.

Higley - I will never believe she's fired until she's fired. How many times have we gotten our hopes up for this cat poo? For me the big moment was when they re-signed Hilary B. Smith, now look at how she's been handled. The show is always adding more new characters and even fired the series star, Renee Goldsberry! Why should I believe things are changing for the better?

Y&R - Didn't they just get a primetime Writer/Producer who has destroyed the show? Vanessa Taylor has some amazing credits, but so does Latham. Homefront was one of the most critically lauded shows on TV and Knots Landing was amazing. They need to get someone who knows how to handle a daytime soap. I don't think a good producer can help Latham's laughable attempts at writing.

Of course being from primetime doesn't mean you'll be awful, but after Latham, do you want to risk it? I'd rather go with a newcomer who actually wants to be involved in the soap industry. Or maybe bring back old writers like Kay Alden, Trent Jones, Jim Houghton, etc.

BTW, what about bringing back John Conboy who was the original Y&R EP before leaving for Capitol? He's been gone for a long time, but he was a major force in making Y&R what it is. From his work on Y&R and Capitol you can tell he definitely has a bold vision. But wasn't his work on GL crap? Maybe that ship has sailed.

• Members

I think Higley is going. Why would Hillary sign a new contract? Why did Erika Slezak feel so comfortable bashing Dena constantly? Why has Robin Strasser so comfortably spoken out on her hotline? Because these are the actors who were pushing for her firing. Frons probably whispered a little something in Slezaks ear, giving her the go ahead, she told Robin, and Hillary, and they continued to speak out. Maybe it was an effort to let us fans know that they feel the same way. Erika Slezak, BASHED her, bad. Nonstop. You see the bitch in my avatar? Erika Slezak did that for me. She put that big ass red x on her face. She's gone. Yes, I've said it a thousand times, but I truly believe it this time.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 4 2007, 06:19 AM)
BTW, what about bringing back John Conboy who was the original Y&R EP before leaving for Capitol? He's been gone for a long time, but he was a major force in making Y&R what it is. From his work on Y&R and Capitol you can tell he definitely has a bold vision. But wasn't his work on GL crap? Maybe that ship has sailed.

John Conboy is great at production values and not-so-much at other things.

Conboy hired Ellen Weston(a TV-Movie of the Week writer) to write some of the most inane bull ever seen in daytime. And I wouldn't trust him too much on a long leash...after all, he created the big budget baseball diamond set that was only used ONCE!

Conboy spent GL's money like it was water.

• Members

LOL, I remember all of that stuff, I didn't realize that was him. Actually, I will give him props, the show did look amazing under his reign, but Ellen Weston was a total disaster. Even keeping the current writer, I'd love to have his production values back. I loved the hall of mirrors when they did the Maryanne reveal. Now GL looks so cheap, especially that green hospital set.

Archived