GL Focus Group Survey

• Members

http://soapoperadigest.com/features/gl/glfocusgroup/

Here are my answers:

Which current character would you watch every day?

Cassie (previously Alan-Michael)

Which former character would you most like to come back?

Michael Dempsey's Alan-Michael

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through?

Anything with self-absorbed Reva

Which couple would you like to break up?

Dinah & Mallet

What was the best episode ever?

Just from this year, it's a tie between Tammy's death and Tammy's funeral/Jonathan driving off the cliff. Very well written, acted, directed, etc. It was also emotionally charged, intense, tragic, and all the things soaps are or should be about.

What was the worst episode ever?

The Inside the Light episode with Josh trying to get the lighthouse bells to stop. I can safely say that was the most boring episode of GL I've seen in a while. The story came out of nowhere and wasn't remotely interesting.

How many years have you been watching this soap?

Almost two years.

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show.

What other soaps do you watch?

As the World Turns

Please provide a brief explanation for your answers here

There really isn't a character I have to see everyday now that Alan-Michael's gone. I would have watched Cassie as much as I could a few months ago but the Cassie/Josh/Reva triangle needs to go. We get that Josh & Reva are going to reunite for the millionth time.

As for former character I'd like to bring back, it could easily be a tie between Alan-Michael, Tammy, and Jonathan but I went with A-M because it's been shown in the last few months that he could have been a great character who could have been involved in a variety of different stories with different people. I'm still flabbergasted that Michael Dempsey was let go.

There are many stories I could fast-forward from anything with Reva and Ava. I don't even love to hate the former anymore and I just don't care for the latter.

Dinah & Mallet should have been done the day Mallet slept with Harley and wasn't sorry about it. Dinah's no longer exciting and Mallet's character needs to stop playing shadow to her storylines. I just think their ship has sailed. A Dinah/Alan-Michael pairing should have been attempted. Now, that I would have paid to see. Best/worst episode is pretty straight forward.

I watched GL because of the hype with Tammy & Jonathan. I can easily say they are the best couple I've seen on television or the movies. However, I've really come to love the cast on GL and think that for the most part, amidst the bad writing, the performers give it their all. Because of that, I'm rating the show with a 4. It loses major points with the lack of consistently good storytelling...it's gotten to the point where many characters have lost focus or are being given uninteresting storylines (ie. Dinah's money problems, Beth's senseless need to have Alan's baby, etc.) Just go over the Best episodes I talked about...that's the kind of writing/storytelling GL should be going for.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I filled it out, but I'm not gonna say my answers except that the character I wanted back was Holly. I don't understand why the dislike of Dinah and Mallet? It's great to see Dinah secure in herself and happy with someone else.

Archived