PSNS: Juliet Mills and Emily Harper confirm they will shift to DirecTV

• Members

Last week at a fan event, Juliet Mills confirmed that she will remain part of Passions' cast when the show begins airing on DirecTV.

Yesterday, Emily Harper was the sole Passions cast attendee at 2 appearances in Canada. She confirmed to a fan that she will continue with the show.

Here's a video of Emily's Q&A at one of the events - please note there are minor spoilers contained

Link

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YAY!

Glad to see two of Passions most talented cast members staying.

Now if we can get confirmation on Ben Masters, Tracey Ross, James Hyde, Kim Johnston, Eva Tamargo, & Lindsay Hartley, I'll be a happy camper.

• Members

cool [!@#$%^&*], good for them!! I just wish I had DirectTV so I could watch. In my opinion, the show is either going to really get good or it's going to bomb when it moves to that channel. I hope it's the former, at the very least, for the people involved and their jobs. Some of them really deserve it.

• Members

I am shocked about Emily but not really since she still has a year left on her contract. Juliet is not surprising because they let her do other projects so it's easy for her.

If the show goes beyond a year with DIRECTV, then I see Emily leaving. She has so many more opportunities that await her.

I hope the rest of the cast stays although, in a way, I hope Lindsey jumps ship. As improved as the show is right now, she is still too good for it IMO.

• Members

I was curious to see what Lindsay Hartley would do since before the DirectTv thing happened I read an interview in SOD with her and she was putting off having another baby to audition so i could see her going either way.

Brook Kerr could be out if her pilot ends up picked up.

• Members

What pilot is Brooke Kerr doing? As for the news its not shocking. Juliet's basically tied to the show until it dies. They probably pay a nice sum to since she is a staple character. Sorta like Alice on Days except with witchcraft and significantly smaller family.

I just wish we could find out what the major stars are doing. Galen....Linds...Ben Maters...etc. I want people playing Paloma, Jessica, and Jared to find work somewhere as well. Whether its on a soap or not. So long as the land somewhere safe and decent.

• Members

Yes, Emily would have 1 year left on her contract if the original one is to be maintained. If it's a new contract, then she still would cost less than the original main stars.

Also, it's been obvious for the past year that the producers and NBC are placing a lot of emphasis on Fancy/Emily. Emily's been representing the show at many events. Plus, on the Passions homepage http://www.nbc.com/Passions/, her face, Crane Couture, and Fancy's World are prevalent. NBC is starting to promote Fancy's World again, too, since the DirecTV deal was announced.

Lindsay still is the main face of Passions to viewers, and I think she will stay.

• Members

Don't worry, we'll soon discover that the major stars are also staying, and it's clear that YOU won't be pleased! And let's be practical, in order for this deal to have been reached means that there has to be a sufficient number of actors willing to stick around. DirecTV can't be that stupid. I can't imagine that they would've even acquired Passions if they didn't think they could keep the main characters. DirecTV has spent megabucks for this venture and it can only have a chance if key characters stick around.

• Members

Hmm funny how you couldn't answer my MAIN question. As for the contracts, etc it really won't bother me. Like someone else said the people I mentioned above are above Passions IMO but more power to them and you if they stay out of loyalty. I just think they could be doing a whole lot better.

And you're right about one thing. Passions being picked up may indicate that some people will stay. However its not a guarantee. But we'll see in the next few months what happens. All I can say is that "disppointment" would be if JerK is still writing. Cuz regardless of whether I like the granting of Passion's new life support sytem it does have some decent fans and it would suck for them if the show to did even worse on DirectTV because of his incompotence.

Once again if anyone knows could they please tell me what pilot Brooke Kerr is doing?

• Members

I don't think James Stevenson will be coming over since in his Emmy Reaction TV Guide interview he said he only signed for a year and he didn't seem really interested in staying any longer then that.

Archived