ATWT: Monday Discussion

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really, really good show today. It was good having Lily back on the show again. One thing that really stood out to me today was the great balance that we had today, we had about 2-4 storylines playing and each of them were very well balanced. It was nice seeing Gwen and Cleo be on and not take up the whole hour, it made me enjoy them for a change. I am so happy Carly is back she is making some things even better. I also enjoyed all of the Dusty/Ali/Emily/Jesse stuff, it was pretty well done and had some good drama with it. It was also good seeing the vets today, Emma and Susan looked great. Also it was nice to finally have Luke back on screen again, it had been 3 weeks since the last time we had seen him. I know I will get in trouble for this lol, but I liked the Jack and Katie scenes with the kids today, it was nice family drama, though of course I still want Carly back with Jack, but those scenes were great, thankfully Brad did not show up to make me hate the scenes. Also enjoyed all of the family drama with the Snyder's dealing with Lily's return from rehab, great family scenes. And is it just me or was Emily and Dusty's kiss hot as hell,lol.

Previews look good for Tuesday's show as well.

• Members

I saw nothing special about today's show. It didn't keep my attention and I know I missed a lot.

What did get my attention though was the Snyder family drama. I love this storyline. Parker is a little devil, isn't he? He's always stirring the pot. I do feel bad for Katie in this situation. She can do nothing and it's something that a lot of men and women feel when they come into an already established family. That's not Katie's fault though. It's not Jack's and it's not the children's. It's the children's basic instincts. I feel for JJ too. He's had 3 women in his life in the matter of 2 years. That kid's going to be screwed up when he gets older.

I caught Lily and Faith's scenes. It's a damn shame when a 20+ vet is supporing character to an 11 year old. :lol: This is Faith's story, not Lily's.

I missed most of the Dusty/Emily/Alison stuff. I'm sure I didn't miss much of anything.

I remember Will and Gwen, but then again, I blocked them out.

Carly and Cleo are cute. I enjoy those scenes.

• Members

Trouble? Whatcha' talkin' 'bout? :) Loved that the kids had a pretty normal reaction to that simpering hussy. I thought it was kind of stupid that Jack and Katie played the "we're friends, but we're not going-out-friends" game. The boys saw right through it. I thought Katie's little speechifying was her stock "I'm trying to be a good person" bs, but that's just me.

ONLY Cleo and Carly would think that black trenchcoat and hat would "disguise" Carly. But it was cute, and I liked how Carly opened up a little to Cleo. She's about the only person in town who doesn't treat Cleo like a freak, even if she is a little freaky. I'll gloss right over the "Simon's a good man" crap, because that will get me in trouble. I think it's odd though that Carly doesn't know what Simon's "plan" is.

I even liked Lily's return. I thought Faith would be a little happy to see her mom, but whatever.

Even the Em/Dusty/Ali stuff was good. Even if I don't quite believe the dealer would have kept her high "all night" without getting some action. I was a little puzzled about Ali saying Dusty "wasn't going to drag her back to rehab." Did they refer to a first rehab stint in LA Diaries?

• Members

Today was a pretty good show. Like Carly and Cleo. Didn't really pay attention to Alison/Dusty/Emily today so I have no idea what was going on there. Nice to see Luke. VH is looking good as usual. Lily and Faith were really sweet today.

Jack, Katie, and the kids were hilarious today. I'm glad they're not giving Katie an easy time here.

Like the mentioning of Simon as well. Glad that they didn't completely destroy his character just for CarJack's sake.

• Members

The Cleo/Carly scenes are great. Can we keep Cleo and dump Gwen? JL has proven again why she's so good. I really liked the Dusty/Ali/Em scenes. Em is so conflicted -- trying to protect her sister/daughter and her mother at the same time. Grayson and KMH are a great match -- it's too bad it'll be interrupted by KMH's leave. NuAli is clearly a winner. She has stepped into some pretty dense SLs and totally fits in. Can't wait to see what happens between Dusty/Ali. I can't get into Katie/Jack only because you know that it's doomed. As far as MB being a supporting actress to her daughter -- that's exactly what she should be -- she's acting just like a Mom -- putting her daughter's needs before her own. They have done a great job in casting here and the relationship between Lily and Faith is completely believeable.

• Members

P.J., I caught that "back to rehab" line, too. :huh: WTF?!

Drew, I have to disagree with you. This is Lily's storyline. Faith is the supporting character. Lily began to dislike her body so much that she became addicted to diet pills and refused to eat right. Faith saw her mother doing it and as a result, it triggered Faith to feel the same way. Now, with Lily's return and her no longer addicted to diet pills and with her eating again and liking herself again, I think she'll be able to show Faith that (like she said today) Faith is a beautiful person inside and out. Thin doesn't equal beautiful.

I am really beginning to pray to the havens above that with Agim returning, Jessica Dunphy will approach TPTB to resume the role of "Alison". This new girl just ain't kickin' it for me anymore!! Come home, J.D.!! (An dbring Peyton with ya...) ;):P

Parker's such a little smartass.

Poor J.J. :( LOL! Loved when (right before J.J. ran out and Katie was cleaning up the mess), she had one of those smiles your mama'd have a hard time slapping off and she, in her best upbeat, airhead-y voice, replied "Sokay!" :lol: Dumb %$#@!

MARTHA BYRNE ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!!

I'm beginning to think that tomorrow is going to be the beginning of the "Carly revealed to Jack and her family" with Gwen going to the cops (a.k.a. "Jack") :P I can't WAIT to see his face!! And I can't wait to see what Gwen/Will are gonna say when they find out that Cleo was helping Carly all along.

I wish they'd've shown the Lilden lovefest. <_<

• Members

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not saying big isn't beautiful or that Lily and Faith are ugly because they're not. But I do happen to prefer thin women such as Victoria's Secret Angels...thats hot.

However thats besides the point. Why can't Lily and Faith be costars in this storyline. I personally look at it as a story that both are contributing to equally. But regardless of whos leading or supporting its truly a great storyline and Jean has written it pretty damn well I think. Kudos to her and if anyone else deserves the credit kudos to them as well.

• Members

I haven't watched the show since last year ... when Emily had Dusty shackled like a dog in an abandoned cabin in the woods. That story was really sick ... now they are cute ???? I must have missed a lot.

Archived